Liberty 1.5 Battery Life?

dwray

Reaction score
I've never gotten a terrible battery life, but you've got me wondering about the ad blocker as well. Uninstalling now to test it out for a few days. I'll let everyone know if there are significant increases.

Droid_X_2010

Reaction score
I have updated my sysctl settings and disabled the ad blocker and I can tell night and day on my phone!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

JWellington

Reaction score
Is there a particular ad blocker that you are reffering to? Or is there one embedded somewhere that I don't know about?

JOx

Reaction score
Run the quickclock as well if you guys haven't..

Droid_X_2010

Reaction score
I am referring to the ad blocker in liberty tools

JWellington

Reaction score
I didn't even know there was an ad blocker. Is it enabled by default?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

luv2increase

Reaction score
This is by far my absolute favorite ROM performance and feature wise. However, it is the absolute worst when it comes to battery life. I tend to weight the former as being more important. That is why I still run it.

It is something about how the phone sees the battery. I remember when coming off of liberty 1.0 to Tranquility 3.7, my battery was at around 40% before the flash to Tranquility 3.7, and it JUMPED UP TO I BELIEVE 70% after the flash.…

Obviously, it has something to do with the GUMMYJAR base because Rubix started to do terrible with the battery when drod started using the gummyjar base. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent via DX free with Liberty 1.5

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is wierd to be reading all these posts on bad batter life. I have my D2 overclocked to 1.305GHz and still have 80% after almost 5 hours of being off charger.

I am thinking this might be a DX problem and didn't pass on to D2's.

0c99b823-9edb-fbb1.jpg

0c99b823-9ef3-6a84.jpg

JWellington

Reaction score
My first day on liberty. I just came from APEX .
Right away the better life is way better. The themes are also the best, and performance is top notch.
I feel like I went from a automatic to a manual transmission!

joneee

Reaction score
Yeah I've been having battery problems as well. Typically about 10% every two hours and with about 20 minutes of usage time. I have the extended battery as well, running at 2100mAh.

I have reset the battery stats after a full charge. Disabled ads. Wiped the phone and reinstalled Liberty ROM. Use Tasker to turn on wifi/gps only when necessary. Nothing from my battery stats is out of place. Voice calls takes a huge chunk of the battery even if I talked for 10 minutes. Other than that the screen is the larger battery eater.

I'll continue to try different methods of improving battery life but am drawing to an end.

JWellington

Reaction score
As I've said before. If battery it's such an issue, just carry a spare or two, and you couldn't go wrong.

snot

Reaction score
Ad blocker? I'm pretty sure all the ad blocker does is run a script telling applications, when they are searching the internet for an ad, it gives them a local address with a blank image.

With the OG Droid I remember a lot of controversy about task killers eating battery...

JWellington

Reaction score
Hmmm...perhaps because it is always listening in for address requests, it drains more battery. It would be nice to get the facts.