Launcher Pro and Zeam refreshing...

sparty569

Reaction score
I am having the worst refreshes with both LP and Zeam. Hit the home key and it takes up to 2 minutes to show my apps and widgets.

I have been on 12.11 with Slayhers 1.25 kernel, since it was released. I wiped fresh and only restored apps, not data. This justed happening 2 days ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
have you tried samsonite801's lag fix??

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

To remove the toggle: In Root Explorer, go to /data/, tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on local.prop and Open in Text Editor, then delete the line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1.

OP
sparty569

sparty569

Reaction score
have you tried samsonite801's lag fix??

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

To remove the toggle: In Root Explorer, go to /data/, tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on local.prop and Open in Text Editor, then delete the line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1.
Man...I always forget about this. I thought I already did it, since my terminal emulator was already set up like I like it...guess not.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
husker, IIRC, this ROM comes with that script active.

Metick and/or jezamell have responded to questions in threads with this answer.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
good to know. more and more roms are being released with this built in. if it is, and you're still having problems, check out the threads. (i'm not familiar with MIUI - sorry.) also, in LP, there are memory settings you can play with to help reduce lag/redraw. enabling/disabling compcache can also affect this, as well.

hoppermi

Reaction score
Did you start using widget locker? that always causes slow redraws for me regardless of ROM.