Problem with Launcher Pro not stay default

Mike55

Reaction score
So I updated to liberty 2.0 via the donate way. Had it wipe and all that good stuff,

Now once I restored all of my apps and stuff via titanium back up I went to home switcher to put Launcher Pro as the default launcher and once I hit launch its on launcher pro. If I hit the home icon it goes right back to the stock laucher even though I have already set LP as the default home launcher in home switcher.

And Ideas why LP isnt staying default? This is the first time It has happened.

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Try going into settings, applications, manage apps and select all on top. Find launcher and clear data. This should allow you to select the default launcher when pressing the home key

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
So I updated to liberty 2.0 via the donate way. Had it wipe and all that good stuff,

Now once I restored all of my apps and stuff via titanium back up I went to home switcher to put Launcher Pro as the default launcher and once I hit launch its on launcher pro. If I hit the home icon it goes right back to the stock laucher even though I have already set LP as the default home launcher in home switcher.

And Ideas why LP isnt staying default? This is the first time It has happened.

-Hit the Menu softkey button
-Click on Settings
-Click on Applications
-Click on All tab
-Scroll down to Launcher and click that
-Click on Clear defaults

See if that fixes it.

Trevor54

Reaction score
Maybe you guys can help me with another Launcher Pro/Liberty ROM dilemma: I have Launcher Pro installed on my Liberty-Rom Droid, but I can't open it. I go to the Market, but the "open" button is greyed out, so I can't open it that way, just uninstall. Same story when I go into the settings/applications/manage applications/all. All of the buttons are greyed out, leaving the only option to uninstall. Hopefully this makes sense, and someone knows how to remedy this.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe you guys can help me with another Launcher Pro/Liberty ROM dilemma: I have Launcher Pro installed on my Liberty-Rom Droid, but I can't open it. I go to the Market, but the "open" button is greyed out, so I can't open it that way, just uninstall. Same story when I go into the settings/applications/manage applications/all. All of the buttons are greyed out, leaving the only option to uninstall. Hopefully this makes sense, and someone knows how to remedy this.

This isn't an app you "open" so to speak. It just does. There isn't even an icon in your app drawer. What happens when you hit the home key? You can install Home Smack....it's free in the market...and it is a launcher switcher....I use it to go from SPB 3D Shell to Launcher Pro Plus to stock launcher depending on the mood. It's instantaneous and painless. I love it. Anyway....it would assist you in getting to LPP.

Trevor54

Reaction score
...install Home Smack........it would assist you in getting to LPP.

That did 'er. Thanks man. I guess Liberty's Launcher was overriding (probably not the right term) LPP or something, but having that switch is all I needed. Thanks again!