Launcher Pro Plus on the Bionic...

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
I've tried adw, go launcher and launcher pro. Both go launcher and adw caused quite a bit of lagg on both my d1 and my bionic. Launcher pro seems too work flawlessly on both my d1 and my bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
I've tried adw, go launcher and launcher pro. Both go launcher and adw caused quite a bit of lagg on both my d1 and my bionic. Launcher pro seems too work flawlessly on both my d1 and my bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Not getting any lag yet with Go.

Turns out that the "screen goes black when I turn on my Gingerbread-based phone using LPP" is a well-documented problem. Hope you can avoid it!

L

leroybrute

I use home manager with go launcher, and it works great for me. I like the ability to auto kill whichever launcher I am not using.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone then turned me on to SPB 3D Shell and I was hooked in spite of the $14.95 price tag. It's amazing and I can not quit playing with it - tons and tons of customizations. One of the amazing things about it is just how complicated it is and yet I've never experienced any lag or redraw issues.

Good luck.

Can SPB 3D handle the Favorites widget? Other launchers seem to be not able to.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
SPB provide their own Favorites Widget. It's called Favorite Contacts.

Thanks. I suspected as much when I went to the Market and looked at the video with all the features. It's very nice, but that cost is. well, YIPE. Maybe next month when my credit card gets a chance to heal. :biggrin:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Some one suggested Go launcher for the OG and it is amazing. The annoying redraw issue is nearly gone. The ICS theme is brilliant, I've also tried the classic and glass themes.

Wonder how it would run on one of the new super phones?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some one suggested Go launcher for the OG and it is amazing. The annoying redraw issue is nearly gone. The ICS theme is brilliant, I've also tried the classic and glass themes.

Wonder how it would run on one of the new super phones?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I used Go Launcher on my OG Droid as well and was very happy with it. One of the problems with both Go Launcher and Launcher Pro on the Bionic is that the Favorites widget doesn't seem to work and I've become attached to that.

krameroid

Reaction score
I've used LP and GO for a long time. Thanks to BayouFlyFisher, I had to try out SPB Shell 3d.

So after cashing out my 401k and IRA, I bought it. WOW! It gives you that excitement of a going through a brand new phone. Also snappy and looks great. I would ditch LP and save up for this bad boy if I were you.

Sent from my BIONIC with a splash of TONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've used LP and GO for a long time. Thanks to BayouFlyFisher, I had to try out SPB Shell 3d.

So after cashing out my 401k and IRA, I bought it. WOW! It gives you that excitement of a going through a brand new phone. Also snappy and looks great. I would ditch LP and save up for this bad boy if I were you.

Sent from my BIONIC with a splash of TONIC using DroidForums

This is exactly the same way I got hooked. I was using Zeam Launcher because it was a very plain vanilla launcher with no "do-dads and gimmickry. Then some idiot on the internet pointed out SPB and I was hooked!!:biggrin:

After two years of scoffing at all the pretty "gee gaws" like live wallpapers and window transitions, here I am with a Launcher that is loaded with all that stuff. :)

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Fully switched over from LPP to Go. Using the Honeycomb theme, sometimes the ICS theme - both very good.

There's something about LPP touch/response/speed though that is slightly missing in Go. But, Go is supported and has no major issues like the one I ran into with LPP. Would love to see the LLP dev drop the next release addressing issues like the home screen redraw.

For now, it's Go.

deborah3756

Reaction score
I've been using the stock launcher since 9/8, with sampling other launchers like Go and Zeam from time-to-time. I had Launcher Pro Plus on my D1 for a long time and really loved it, but I read that LP has not been supported lately, with the Developer promising that he's working on a totally new re-write of the app, and customers pissed that he has gone incommunicado for 6 months.

While I love the stock launcher, I was continually annoyed with the lack of portrait display of the desktop as I often use the Bionic horizontally. So I gave my old standard LP Plus a try. Wow, VERY nice on the Bionic!

I know that Go is a virtual copy of LP, but I like the LP crisp/clean look and when I set the transition and preview speeds to "instant", damn, the Bionic just smokes! Everything is so fast, it's like LP makes better use of the processing power than stock. I've not had a single hiccup with LP since I installed it a couple of days ago, the calendar widget is the best I've found, and the vertical scrolling of the app tray is really usable.

Even though it hasn't been updated in a while, this launcher works great on my Bionic.

Developer incommunicado is exactly why I dropped Launcher Pro. I have Go Launcher and love it. Just received a Go Launcher update this morning.

Go Launcher Devs are alive and kickin'!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Got the new update as well. The ability to set icons to a slightly larger size looks awesome on my Bionic. The launcher updates and the number of themes makes Go a great choice.