Launcher on Bionic

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
I wish there was a way to use a launcher like Go, or launcher pro or any of the other and still be able to use the blue widgets..... i happen to like the blue widgets that came with this version of blur

Same here, love the Blur widgets.. considering go launcher

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my OG Droid it was Go Launcher although I liked Launcher Pro Plus as well. Currently I'm trying to run stock as much as I can, but later on, I'll probably try Go Launcher first.

billyk

Reaction score
Used to be an LP fan on my D1. Tried it on the Bionic, as well as Go, and went right back to stock.
It's simple and fast. Don't need a bunch of bells/whistles.

dressagerider

Reaction score
With my charge I used go launcher and adw as touchwiz was very slow and buggy. Both of the launchers were great but go launcher offered more themes and customization.

With my new bionic I am running stock and love it. The Widgets are fantastic and the phone is fast and smooth.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Derekweb

Reaction score
Used LP on my D1. Really laggy but I survived. On Bionic, really didn't mind blur, until I wanted to rotate home screen in a car dock. Went to LP, and it works fine. No Lag, and the scrolling dock is great. Only thing I miss is the contact widget on MotoBlur. LP people widget is not as functional, can't move people around, doesn't minimize, etc.

Scribble

Reaction score
Just started using Go Launcher, and have to say I'm really really loving it! :)

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I've used ADW, LP, and Go and personally I found GO to be superior. Just the way it's extra features are organized seems more user friendly, like changing themes/fonts or something. Not to mention the list of fonts is HUUUUGE, probably close to 100 choices. I never experience any redraw, though I did only super occasionally if I pushed it with LP (don't remember ADW, was awhile ago). Plus GO had this really sweet Bionic theme that I was rocking for awhile....

Anyways, none is infinitely better than the other. They are really easy to use, don't require root, and have no potential for damage/bricking. My biggest issue with Stock was the lack of customization offered in GO. I couldn't get used to having my app icon on the right side, I kept stalling by first moving towards the center of the row. Plus I got used to having 5 widgets in my dock and 5x5 homescreen. Just try them all, dl Home Switcher, simple as tapping a widget to change launchers and you can use them all!

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Switched to Go Launcher after flashing the newest Liberty rom. I really like being able to swipe away both the notification bar and my dock. It...really screws with people when they try to play with my phone now. While it may not be quite as smooth as LP, I find that I've yet to have any force close issues like I was having before switching to Go. Also, I switched from Handcent to Go SMS. After struggling through the theme creator, I find it to be slightly more worthwhile than Handcent. If for no better reason than the onslaught of themes already in place.

Reaction score
On my OG Droid I played around with a bunch and eventually settled on ADW. On the Bionic I tried ADW but found that it looked weird - almost like it looked to be lower resolution than the screen (big icons, not sharp, etc.). I like the stock launcher except it's not nearly as customizable as I wish it would be. If an update came out that allowed the stock to be fully customized, I'd stick with it. I like the Blur widgets and such as well. I may play around with Go today.

kylo77

Reaction score
Was using LP for a while but I tried GO Launcher recently and it looks awesome and smooth as silk. Great widgets and add-ons as well.

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
I use GoLauncher EX. I've tried them all and it is by far my favorite.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jhom

Reaction score
I'm still using LauncherPro. On the Bionic, it works, its not laggy or buggy.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using QQLauncher. Ilove the unlock screen. Give it a look.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tencent.qqlauncher&hl=en

It reminds me of the GDE launcher. It had a cube option like this one. I do like the unlock screen. Is the unlock screen customizable in what apps you can open from there? I see the camera.

One thing I don't like about the stock launcher is that the screens aren't endless. I mean, if you're on the far right screen you can't continue on to the far left screen. Most launcher replacements can do that.