Launcher on Bionic

alm0614

Reaction score
Just wanted some feedback from you guys.. What launcher are you using, and why?

I am currently on the Blur launcher, really just cause I love the app groups, quick contacts widget and calendar widget. If you are using a different launcher, let me know what apps you use to replace the above.

TIA!

Zregnier

Reaction score
I am using GO Launcher and love it. Very smooth and customizable. I use the Calendar Pad widget because it looks good and shows holidays. I use Folder Organizer to organize my apps into categories and to make a group of my most used contacts that is also in a folder. With GO Launcher you can put a shortcut to different Folder Organizer groups/folders right on the dock bar which rocks.

Zregnier

Reaction score
The middle button on my dock doesn't open the app drawer, it opens up a folder of my most commonly used apps. To get to the app drawer I just have to swipe up.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1319558466842.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319558466842.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 498

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As I had used Launcer Pro Plus on my Droid for almost two years, I started off with it on the Bionic. Didn't really care for it. I found it a bit laggy. I was shocked and dismayed. I then went to the Zeam Launcher and it worked great. However, I was then introduced to the SPB 3D Shell Launcher and ended up doing what I thought I never would. I paid $14.95 for a damned launcher!!! Again I was shocked and dismayed. But I must say that I think it was worth every penny. This is a great launcher and even with all it's eye-candy it still isn't lagging or suffering redraws.

Good luck.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I have a question... When you guys are using these launchers, are you just removing Blur first, or just running it on top of it? I'm not rooted or anything, and I'm a little uneasy about doing it, but I've been noticing some pretty impressive launchers. I'm on the fence over whether or not I wanna get one, though, because I don't know if it would be as responsive and smooth if it's running on top of Blur, or if I should get rid of Blur first or what.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a question... When you guys are using these launchers, are you just removing Blur first, or just running it on top of it? I'm not rooted or anything, and I'm a little uneasy about doing it, but I've been noticing some pretty impressive launchers. I'm on the fence over whether or not I wanna get one, though, because I don't know if it would be as responsive and smooth if it's running on top of Blur, or if I should get rid of Blur first or what.

When I was stock, I ran them instead of the Blur. The system will only run one launcher/home screen app at a time. So if you run one of the replacement launchers, the Blur launcher doesn't run. If you want to test multiple launchers I would suggest getting the app "Home Switcher". It allows for easy switching.

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
I've been running Launcher Pro Plus since I got the phone and haven't really noticed any lag at all. As others have mentioned, Folder Organizer is great for grouping apps, and I just use the Launcher Pro widgets to handle calendar/contacts.

and @ lakilaulea, I'm just running it on top of Blur and haven't noticed any performance issues, FWIW.

powerwagon

Reaction score
LP...nothing comes close and I have tried them all. Like I dummy I even plunked down $15 for the 3d launcher in the market...too studdery for me and not enough options. LP runs perfect, especially with vm heap at 48. Try them all...most are free.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Batman8

Reaction score
My favorite launcher has always been Home++ because of all of it's features and customizations, but the developer seems to have given up on updating it. As much as I have begged, it hasn't been updated since BEFORE Froyo was released and it STILL was the best IMHO. But because of that, as well as too many screen re-draws, I have simply gone back to using straight stock.

The stock launcher on the Bionic isn't that bad...I just hate the damn horizontal scrolling when looking for an app that begins with the letter "s, t, u, v, etc."

ModestMuse

Reaction score
I used to be a big Launcher Pro fan, but have since converted to Go Launcher. It's easily the slickest launcher I've used. The app management on it is awesome. You can long press on any app and uninstall it right there, you don't have to go though settings. Screen customization is really slick and intuitive too.

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
I wish there was a way to use a launcher like Go, or launcher pro or any of the other and still be able to use the blue widgets..... i happen to like the blue widgets that came with this version of blur