Keyboard strangeness!

ssj11mav

Reaction score
Ok, so for the longest time I've ever had this phone, it seemed to me that the more you use the keyboard, the more prone it is to messing up. Sometimes it'll completely ignore my keypresses, and it's really RANDOM which ones it decides not to push through. It can vary day to day, like the alt key deciding it doesn't wanna play along anymore, or other things like the 1 key not working... Am I alone on this? Does the fact that I flashed my Phone to the eclipse 3.0 (GB based) rom ported by Davros have anything to do with it?

Haha, I am... so confused.

pistacio

Reaction score
Overclocking has strange effects on the keyboard. Try a non overclocked rom...

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
ssj11mav

ssj11mav

Reaction score
By the way, does anyone here use imo.im? That program, every time you get a new message, It takes focus away from the keyboard input so you have to tap on it again to keep typing. Anyone that can confirm this or is it just me?

harlock

Reaction score
We have experienced poor keyboard function recently too; first on my D3 Moto, and then on my wife's D3 Moto. This started up a couple of months ago on my phone, and then about 2 - 3 weeks later on my wife's phone. I notice the B key, and SPACE key have the most issues. Sometimes depressing them harder helps. Other times, double types come out, and sometimes random letters. It worries me a little because I think other problems are developing (like not getting calls, or being able to dial - these started happening the last couple of weeks), and I have 7 more months left on my 2 yr contract.

IMO, 2 yrs is too long for cell phone contracts these days. The technology changes quicker than that, and the phones don't last 2 yrs (in some cases). My D1 Moto was awesome, but it too had hardware failures after a while. I think I was able to get the WiFi to work on my D1 about one time - ha!

So yeah, keyboard issues confirmed here with two more units. Our phones are kept very safe, and they are not abused. Heck, my D1 is still in near mint condition :) haha.

Thanks for posting this.