The Hardware keyboard acts strange

ssj11mav

Reaction score
Sometimes when I pull my phone outta my pocket, and open it up to respond to a text or do ANYTHING ELSE for that matter, clicking any key will cause it to do the most RANDOM things.

Such as if I hit one button, it'll pop up with my music application, another one will open up my dialer...It's like each key decided to become an application... and it doesn't go back to normal unless I

1. hit the SEARCH key on the keyboard and then hit back (Fixing whatever strange mode the keyboard is in)

2. reboot the phone.

Has anyone been experiencing this? This happened to me every single day since I installed CM9

And another thing, setting the brightness all the way down disables the keyboard backlight... is this intentional?

Reaction score
This was a common problem on the OG DROID. Basically what would happen is it would get stuck in "shortcut" mode and if a key you pressed is usher as a shortcut it would launch it. The fix on the OG DROID was to go into the settings under keyboard settings and clear all the keyboard shortcuts. Unfortunately info you used them you will be SOL

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
ssj11mav

ssj11mav

Reaction score
This was a common problem on the OG DROID. Basically what would happen is it would get stuck in "shortcut" mode and if a key you pressed is usher as a shortcut it would launch it. The fix on the OG DROID was to go into the settings under keyboard settings and clear all the keyboard shortcuts. Unfortunately info you used them you will be SOL

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I do not see such setting in CM9, maybe it's hiding? :p

jportmusic

Reaction score
My Droid 2 Global started doing this when Verizon rolled out Gingerbread to me last year. I just tap Search and hit it again to clear the condition. (Pressing the Search key twice dismisses the search bar, same as hitting Back.)