Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
rMoD Series Kernels for the Original Droid Only

With SmartMoD governor!

These kernels are based on RaidZero's source code, big thanks to him for sharing and saving me some time, effort, and headache!

Default governeor is set to interactive, I highly recommend switching to SmartMoD, battery life is much better and speed stays the same :)

Testers have reported nice temps even with high clock speeds :)

SmartMoD governor is a modified governor originally made for the hero, I modified the governor to perform better with our cpu. You can find some information on the original governor here.

What SmartMoD does, when your phone is in use, screen on, the governor will behave much like the interactive governor, but when you turn the screen off it holds the max clock speed to 350, as soon as the screen is turned on the governor jumps to 900 (or max if you're running a lower speed kernel) then resumes acting like the interactive governor.

Now at this time I'm releasing what I have built and what I know works, as always make a backup before installing these. Take responsibilities for your actions, I provide these kernels with no promises, if you want to use them do so at your own risk. DroidForums and I will take no responsibility for your use of these overclocked kernels.

I will be adding more as I get them done and know they work well so please be patient with me.

KNOWN ISSUES!
-ext3 module is broke!

Links
Down right now sorry...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits
Raidzero................Source
erasmux................Governor
Slayher..................General help, answered many questions I had
invisiblek...............General help with questions

The following for their development into the android kernel...
p3droid, bekit, chevyNo1, cvpcs, cm team, linux kernel devs, and of course google's android dev's

Last edited:
OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
This is a new set of kernels I have been working on for the Original Droid ONLY

SmartMoD governor again with more tweaks for better responsiveness

I spent many hours building, flashing, and testing these kernels in order to achieve the lowest possible voltage my Droid would function on on each of the different clock speeds.

According to Petes table listing some of the popular kernels voltage settings mine rank in the lowest on most of the differnet clock speeds.
Pete's tables

Here is an example from my 1100
Code:
My 1100            Avg according to Petes research
250   27                  33.2
500   37                  47.4
700   43                  54.4
800   47                  59
900   53                  62.4
1000  60                 68
1100  69                 72.4

My 1200 is right on (due to my Droid not liking high clock speeds :) and my 1250 is a little lower)
I tested every kernel except for the 1250, I have yet to get a 1250 to boot on my phone, but davros was kind enough to test it out and has reported it working.

These are low volt kernels, they may not work on your device, if one doesnt work try a lower speed kernel. If none of them work check out my other kernels here

Disclaimer!
DroidForums and myself are not responsible for any damages caused by these, you are modifying your phones factory software. Use at your own risk!

Warning
These are very low voltage kernels, your phone may not function properly or my not even boot using these. Please make sure you have a backup before installing! If you have issues with these try the kernels in the post above, they will be more stable!

KNOWN ISSUES!
-ext3 Module is broke!

Links!

Down right now sorry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits
Raidzero................Source
erasmux................Governor
Slayher..................General help, answered many questions I had
invisiblek...............General help with questions

Enjoy! :)

The following for their development into the android kernel...
p3droid, bekit, chevyNo1, cvpcs, cm team, linux kernel devs, and of course google's android dev's

Last edited:

Ozzie

Reaction score
Very nice kernels indeed...partial to the 1100 myself...nice to see this post in the Gimp forum! :)

Taco

Reaction score
Maybe these will work better for me! Can't wait to try them.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
Thanks for the great kernel. Compcache is working and the SmartMod governor seems like a cool idea. Unfortunately I can not get Link2SD to work with my ext3 partition using this kernel. I had it working previously with prime's deprimed kernel. I cleared out all of the old modules before installing and I see that your kernel installed an ext3.ko module but in link2sd it says "Mount script cannot be created mount: No such device ext3 may not be supported on your device."
Is there something I need to do to get the ext3 module to load with this kernel?

Also I tried to start the ext3 module with terminal emulator by typing:

insmod /system/lib/modules/ext3.ko

but I get an error message:
insmod: init_module 'system/lib/modules/ext3.ko' failed (no such file or directory)

However I can see ext3.ko in the modules folder if I browse to it with root explorer. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

puffmtd

Reaction score
Loaded up the 250-1200 kernels on several different roms and they are working extremely well. Very smooth and blazing fast. Thank you very much!

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Thanks for the great kernel. Compcache is working and the SmartMod governor seems like a cool idea. Unfortunately I can not get Link2SD to work with my ext3 partition using this kernel. I had it working previously with prime's deprimed kernel. I cleared out all of the old modules before installing and I see that your kernel installed an ext3.ko module but in link2sd it says "Mount script cannot be created mount: No such device ext3 may not be supported on your device."
Is there something I need to do to get the ext3 module to load with this kernel?

Also I tried to start the ext3 module with terminal emulator by typing:

insmod /system/lib/modules/ext3.ko

but I get an error message:
insmod: init_module 'system/lib/modules/ext3.ko' failed (no such file or directory)

However I can see ext3.ko in the modules folder if I browse to it with root explorer. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Not sure what the problem is, I tried and get your same error. I don't use ext3 so didnt think to test :blink:

I will try to figure out the issue, thanks for reportig :)

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cor, any chance we could get a zram capable Juiced?
* 800 still strong thanks!

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
On a side note, I have the kinks worked out so I can now build these with SmartMoD as default gov! Updates will be posted when I get the time to sit down and rebuild all of them.

Also for those of you a little more daring, my source is now on github. The same source was used to build both of these just used different voltage levels.
Source

enjoy!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Only CM7/UD3 use zram so it may or may not not be worth your effort.

Last edited:

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is, I tried and get your same error. I don't use ext3 so didnt think to test :blink:

I will try to figure out the issue, thanks for reportig :)

No problem, thanks for checking it out. The smartmod gov is a really cool idea and I'd love to have it working but I need my ext3 as I'm an app hoarder lol.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I know I asked u this before, any chance you will be releasing any kernels (1ghz would be nice) with complete data collection enabled, specifically "time in state" stats? I find that usefull info to monitor what ur ph is doing at any given time, especially if things are behaving when ur phone is "sleeping".

I have wondered in the past & inquired about it before, but no one seems to know for sure, but does having that enabled affect (positively or negatively) battery life at all?

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'm trying to find a fix for this, I got it to work on a 600mhz kernel but the same setup moved to 800 & up fails.

Anything on your phone that does something is going to affect battery life...that's not saying it will be a major change & I doubt it would be noticeable

I am going to be starting a new project from aosp so i know what all modifications were made to the source & will be easier for me to fix problems

Please keep in mind I'm a father of 2 & work road construction, I'm laid off right now but should be going back to work soon...also getting married in june, life is pretty busy so it may take me a while