rubiX Focused 2.0.1: UPDATED

djdubd

Reaction score
Please let this thread die. Move on to something else, this is froyo we are on gingerbread. Seriously we even have Cyanogenmod 7 please use that now.

Nothing else I've used has come close to RubiX, saying that though, I definitely haven't tried everything.

richii0207

Reaction score
Please let this thread die. Move on to something else, this is froyo we are on gingerbread. Seriously we even have Cyanogenmod 7 please use that now.

Why should I move to a buggy rom when I have this uploadfromtaptalk1312842401548.jpg. This is with some forum browsing texting and wordfeud while NOT on wifi. Ill take my bugfree rom anyday which runs much faster than CM and I'm not a quadrant showoff. Leave this thread for those who are seeking advice.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leoingle

Reaction score
Having problem with the camera on 2.0. you hit camera and the screen just goes black. any thoughts?

nathanvo

Reaction score
Is it worth updating from 1.9.7?

I have the 1.9.7 Rubix Focused ROM. Is the 2.0.1 worth upgrading?

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
If you want to run cm7 and gingerbread you'll need to sbf to the latest software..
My droid x never ran as good as it did on froyo and rubix 2.0...gingerbread just now is getting the bugs worked out, still battery life isn't what it was on froyo....many of my friends are still on froyo after major gingerbread problems I sbf them back to froyo...and rubix. If I didn't have a dx2 now I'd still be on froyo and rubix myself.

blueman

Reaction score
Where could I download this version of Rubix? The link at the beginning is not working. I have read a lot of good review about Rubix and I want to give it a go. Yeah, there are new ROMs out there, but I want to give this a try. I've not been very impressed with any GB ROM and battery life.

richii0207

Reaction score
Battery life on rubix, walks circles around cm7 and miui in terms of speed and battery life. No disrespect to those roms but drod was way ahead of his time during this rom. He was already doing memory tweaks before v6 as well as other tweaks.
When he comes out with the new rubix it will be another masterpiece.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1321166705196.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1321166705196.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 344

blueman

Reaction score
Got bored and I think I found a working mirror. Going to try and flash. Going to have a throwback Monday.

Link works, up and running.

rubiX Focused 2.0.1: Raising the Bar Another Notch - Rubik - AllDroid Public Board

Thanks for the link babAbooey. Downloading now!

I got into the DX ROM scene late, so its always nice to go back and try older setups. I've heard great things about rubiX Focused. I'm currently on DXC's 1.10.28 MIUI ROM and I like it. Been getting solid battery performance and its been quick and responsive. Always looking to try something different though.

TonyGr

Reaction score
Noob question; please forgive!!!!

Check out the review by Blair at GizmoNinja! Droid X ROM Review, rubiX ROMs! Updated 12/26/2010 NEW rubiX ROM 1.9.5 Release!!

YOU MUST BE ON 2.3.340 OTA FOR THIS TO WORK
ALSO NOTE: IF YOU INSTALLED THE NEW TRANQUILITY, THE TOOLBOX WILL INSTALL UNLESS YOU SBF BEFORE INSTALL. THIS IS TRUE FOR ANY ROM, NOT JUST RUBIX.

IF YOU USED THE NEW SCRIPT, YOU MUST REBOOT AFTER INSTALL AND INITIAL SETUP
This script runs on first boot to scan the SDCard rubiX Folder for apps. If they are there, it copies them to /data/app and corrects their permissions. Reboot for this to take effect.

YOU MUST wipe data before install.
Change Log for 2.0.1
  • Adjusted scripts for better functionality and less errors.
  • Added the option to set whichever governor you'd like on boot (NOT TESTED)
    To do this: use root explorer to get to /system/etc/init.d
    long press on 01cpu
    select open in text editor
    change the variables at the top
    ONDEMAND=1
    CONSERVATIVE=0
    INTERACTIVE=0
    is the stock setting. To set one at boot, simply change ONDEMAND to =0, and one of the other two to =1
  • Custom ringtone fix (credit to kejar31)
  • Potential Programming menu fix (someone test please, i'm not sure)
Change Log for 2.0:

• Sysctl.conf adjustments:
Changed vm.dirty_background_ratio to 70 from 60

• Added rm /dev/log/main for extra performance/free memory
  • Changed NO_NEW_FAIR_SLEEPERS to NO_FAIR_SLEEPERS; this was a typo, as there are no new fair sleepers in the dx kernel already.
  • Cleaned up the /system/app folder
The following market apps were further removed:
Talkback
Kickback
Soundback

• Added new Interactive and Conservative kernel scaling governors (credit Milestone team)
This is a Droid X first. These two governors bring a big difference to the table; here is what they do:
(Credit Cyanogenmod GITHub for this, source is here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/cm-k...60f39120/Documentation/cpu-freq/governors.txt)
Interactive:
Advantages:
+ significantly more responsive to ramp cpu up when required (UI interaction)
+ more consistent ramping, existing governors do their cpu load sampling in a workqueue context, the 'interactive' governor does this in a timer context, which gives more consistent cpu load sampling.
+ higher priority for cpu frequency increase, rt_workqueue is used for scaling up, giving the remaining tasks the cpu performance benefit, unlike existing governors which schedule rampup work to occur after your performance starved tasks have completed.

Conservative:
The CPUfreq governor "conservative", much like the "ondemand"
governor, sets the CPU depending on the current usage. It differs in
behaviour in that it gracefully increases and decreases the CPU speed
rather than jumping to max speed the moment there is any load on the
CPU. This behaviour more suitable in a battery powered environment.
The governor is tweaked in the same manner as the "ondemand" governor
through sysfs with the addition of:

freq_step: this describes what percentage steps the cpu freq should be
increased and decreased smoothly by. By default the cpu frequency will
increase in 5% chunks of your maximum cpu frequency. You can change this
value to anywhere between 0 and 100 where '0' will effectively lock your
CPU at a speed regardless of its load whilst '100' will, in theory, make
it behave identically to the "ondemand" governor.

down_threshold: same as the 'up_threshold' found for the "ondemand"
governor but for the opposite direction. For example when set to its
default value of '20' it means that if the CPU usage needs to be below
20% between samples to have the frequency decreased.

Basically, this means more speed and battery life control

• Adjusted 01cpu for a better sampling rate if the new conservative governor is found.
  • Added script: gov
gov allows you to control which governor you use; ondemand, conservative, or interactive. The function is:
gov -ondem for the ondemand governor
gov -cons for the conservative governor
gov -inter for the interactive governor
Alternately, these can be changed via SetCPU or Droid Overclock.

To remove data throttling, click this:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-9-7-back-better-than-ever-3.html#post1228193
Credit to Plower.Net

How to install:
Download
Place on SDCard
Bootstrap Recovery via Bootstrap App
Reboot to Clockwork Mod Recovery
Wipe data/factory reset
Select install from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
select rubiXFocused2.0.zip
Select yes
Reboot
Enjoy!

Download:
http://bit.ly/eGhat9

If you're on 2.0, you can flash this to bring you to 2.0.1:
http://bit.ly/fOBWJK

Will have a mirror up shortly as well.

If you like my work, please support me going to Google I/O Developer's Conference 2011! All donations received are going towards a plane ticket.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TYYWQBR78DW7U

Sorry for the noob question, but does all this mean that even though I am currently running rubix focused 2.0.1, I have to revert back, then do the OTA download for GB and then install this update? or do I just download the file to my SD card and install? Again new to this but willing to give it a shot just to have this update.
Thanks Tony G

TonyGr

Reaction score
Noob question; please forgive!!!!

Sorry for the noob question, but does all this mean that even though I am currently running rubix focused 2.0.1, I have to revert back, then do the OTA download for GB and then install this update? If so can you pleas point me in the right direction to do this! or do I just download the file to my SD card and install? Again new to this but willing to give it a shot just to have this update.&nbsp;<br>Thanks Tony G