[APPS] Droid X/2 Overclock App - Easy & Noob friendly ;)

Slack2116

Reaction score
so i got this app and im trying to run it on my Droid X2. i cant seem to find any of the steps listed on Droid-Life or in here to start overclocking. all i have is "CPU Frequency Scaling", "Extras" and "Help/About".

Tboy72

Reaction score
so i got this app and im trying to run it on my Droid X2. i cant seem to find any of the steps listed on Droid-Life or in here to start overclocking. all i have is "CPU Frequency Scaling", "Extras" and "Help/About".

You cant overclock the X2. The only way to overclock is if you have a custom ROM installed and there aren't any custom ROMs available for the X2 yet. All you can do is set a profile to control how the processor runs in certain situations like when the screen is off or when you're on a call.

ericdabbs

Reaction score
Temperature values on Android OC clock way off

I don't know if this is a bug or not but I noticed the temperature states Temperature: 4200 C/7592 F. Sounds like the temperature needs to be divided by a factor of 100 to get the appropriate values. Should be a simple code change to the area to calculate the temperature.

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Downloaded this today. Very nicely done, Jimmy. I am running stock D2, rooted with OTA GB. Have some apps "frozen" with Titanium Backup Pro. Trying to not only make the battery last longer, but maybe also see an increase in speed. Looking forward to seeing what Droid Overclock will do for me, dancedroid

473x15

Reaction score
Hello guys.. i have a droid x and i would like to oc to 1.2mhz or 1.45mhz but for some reason i only can oc to 1.15mhz do i need a custom rom or something else in order to oc to 1.2 or 1.45mhz..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello guys.. i have a droid x and i would like to oc to 1.2mhz or 1.45mhz but for some reason i only can oc to 1.15mhz do i need a custom rom or something else in order to oc to 1.2 or 1.45mhz..

Some phones don't work well over a certain clock speed. You can try a custom ROM. I haven't had issues at 1.3 GHz or less.

you aren't going to be able to run 1.45 GHz stable on a DX.

Boot Manager

473x15

Reaction score
Tks as lot brad92 i guess 1.15 is the best it can do this phone :(

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I am still running stock ROM. Have had this app over a week and running well at ULV and 1.0 Ghz. Tried a few times at 1.1 Ghz, but the widget always says 1.0 Ghz. Guess that is all mine will do. Working ok for me, but I know a new ROM is in the future :).

473x15

Reaction score
This app is really easy to use!

So far I've run medium voltage 1.2ghz just to see a high quadrant score of 1621 then backed it down to ULV 1.0ghz. So far so good, ran quadrant a bunch of times and played angry birds with no added issues on Rubix Focused 1.0 rom. I should be able to comment on battery life tomorrow.

So now that you have an X does that mean we'll be able to use a ROM from you in the near future?
huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

My quadrant at ULV / 1.15ghz is 2480

rcfx

Reaction score
Has anyone experimented with the sampling rate, up threshold, and powersave bios settings with this? Great app by the way! This was the only thing missing on my X!

xm0067

Reaction score
Any idea why im having problems installing governors? or is that completely kernel based?

gunner8168

Reaction score
Any chance we'll see an update for the galaxy nexus cdma for it to work like it did on Droid x with the preset voltage and CPU frequency

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sohaunted

Reaction score
Don't know if support for this app has been abandones or not but I am running into some serious issues with this app on my droid x.

I purchased the app yesterday after remembering giving it a try way back in 2010 when it first came out. anyways I installed it on my phone "stock .602 rooted" and when i set the frequencies ULV 1.3 it worked like a charm and all was working fine until i had to reboot my phone, upon returning the clock speeds and VL were set to stock again, no problem I'll just reset the clock frequencies to ULV/1.3. Well after trying over a dozen times to do so I had 0 luck, the frequencies would not stick no matter what i tried, so i logged into recovery and wiped data/cache.

Attempt no.2 after the wipe worked fine again, ULV/1.3 without any problems... Until i rebooted again and I was not able to to reset the OC frequencies, they would only stay at stock speeds. Data wipe no.2 and installed CM7GB.

Now I'm on CM7GB and once again first time install of AO and setting frequency it works fine but it only works the first time, after that it refuses to set the OC frequencies after a reboot. In a last ditch effort i fixed permissions in rom manager and tried reinstalling and overclocking, it refuses to set the OC frequencies..

I have SU elite and BusyBox Donate, so I would like to know if anyone can help shed some light on this situation.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going off memory here, but there should be a set at boot setting...