just bought new Razr and have a question about updating software

transam

Reaction score
Hi...my name is Brian and im new to the forum and have a quick question. I just bought a ne Droid Razr from Verizon today and I have been playing with it and just noticed when I go under settings and click on software update.....it comes up with an update available that is 6.11.748.... I looked at the software currently installed and it is a 6.11.744..so I am wondering...should I update it to the new version? Is it easy to do? Will it install it and automatically Restart my phone and work. Properly as normal? I just wanna make sure I don't mess anything up to were my phone loses everything or does not work like it should after the update....I'm not very phone smart yet. lol. I would appreciate the help...

Brian

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, when you get these notifications just click the download or install button and let it do what it is supposed to. First it will download, then when it is ready it will ask if you want to install it. Just say install now. Phone will turn off and install the update and when it is finished it will turn back on.

Also, there wasn't any major changes from 744 to 748 but there is already another software update that will probably be out very soon that had major changes so you will want to be on 748 in order to get the second update when it is ready.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
T

transam

Reaction score
Thank you so much?? It actually hasn't sent me a notification yet...but when I check for updates from the settings menu...it shows its available. Do you know the difference between these to versions of software?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hi Brian and welcome to Droid Forums! So you just bought the regular Droid Razr today? Just curious why you didn't go with the Droid Razr Maxx with the much bigger battery?

OP
T

transam

Reaction score
Hi wicked ....I just went with the regular Razr because my girlfriend bought it for me for my birthday and told her to save the extra 100 bucks. I still also have an Incredible HTC ....and this Razr is light years ahead of my incredible ....I'm really happy with it so far ....and mist of the time .....I am where I can keep it plugged in while using it...

OP
T

transam

Reaction score
I just done the update.....it worked flawlessly ...... thank you! :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hi wicked ....I just went with the regular Razr because my girlfriend bought it for me for my birthday and told her to save the extra 100 bucks. I still also have an Incredible HTC ....and this Razr is light years ahead of my incredible ....I'm really happy with it so far ....and mist of the time .....I am where I can keep it plugged in while using it...

It seems there are still intelligent lifeforms reproducing on the blue planet! :biggrin: Way to go choosing the RAZR rather than the RAZR MAXX and saving $100. If you are able to plug into power at various times throughout the day, you'll likely never run into a low battery issue - and yes, this phone IS lightyears ahead.