Just a suggestion....

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this helpful post. Unfortunately I'm getting stuck in step 1. :-( I start up Odin, load the PIT and PDA files, check re-partition and click Start. It sits on modem.bin for a minute, then my phone turns off - messing up the whole process.

I installed HashCheck to check CI500_VZW_EB01_FROYO_REL.tar.md5 - but HashCheck wont run it. It says "Cannot load..". I thought maybe the md5 was corrupt so I tried downloading it again. Unfortunately I get the same result.

Is there something else I can try?
You have your phone in download mode correct? battery out and hold vol down while pluggin in USB cable...then in ODIN you should see a yellow COM port stating ODIN recognizes your phone...

unrealnighthawk

Reaction score
Yessir. I'm able to start the download process. It sits there for about 5 minutes installing the various parts, but the phone turns off after modem.bin every single time.

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yessir. I'm able to start the download process. It sits there for about 5 minutes installing the various parts, but the phone turns off after modem.bin every single time.
try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers...make sure USB debugging is checked before powering off phone....
Also, try restarting your PC and trying again

unrealnighthawk

Reaction score
try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers...make sure USB debugging is checked before powering off phone....
Also, try restarting your PC and trying again

I reinstalled the drivers. Unfortunately the phone no longer boots so I'm not able to ensure that USB Debugging is checked. :-( Restarted the PC too - no change. It still turns off on modem.bin.

UPDATE: I was able to make it boot up and enable USB debugging - but it doesn't make a difference.

Last edited:

Nas

Reaction score
Are you trying to root your phone??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums