Just a suggestion....

CC268

Reaction score
yea i like it better that SC v2.9.2....it def seems more responsive and GPS functions better for me....
But again thats just my opinion...plus since Adrynalyne will be releasing a SC version of this EC01 rom i figured id run this until then.....which might be this weekend :)

Ok sweet! I really like the voodoo kernel too, I might try COmovolt again but I dont think you can OC it if I remember correctly
I use the Comavolt 50uv and Tegrak Overclock to OC to 1.2ghz perfectly stable...i dont use setCPU ATM...no need

Sweet I will try that this afternoon. I can just flash a voodoo kernel over another one right or do I need to completely redo the ROM etc...?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok sweet! I really like the voodoo kernel too, I might try COmovolt again but I dont think you can OC it if I remember correctly
I use the Comavolt 50uv and Tegrak Overclock to OC to 1.2ghz perfectly stable...i dont use setCPU ATM...no need

Sweet I will try that this afternoon. I can just flash a voodoo kernel over another one right or do I need to completely redo the ROM etc...?
you can just flash a voodoo kernel over another voodoo kernel

CC268

Reaction score

you can just flash a voodoo kernel over another voodoo kernel

Awesome! Thanks for you help once again, I think now that I have done my second ROM swap and kernel swap I have a decent handle on how to do all this haha

Vinnie981

Reaction score
10. Wipe Cache only. Flash the ec10_rom.zip(or SC v2.9.2 or other ROM of your choice)

WHICH CACHE.....DALVIK>?
pARTITION?

Nas

Reaction score
Help !

im stuck in the boot screen, i got the voice robot now im in the screen with the light

[video=youtube;JRh_ndiIPKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRh_ndiIPKw&feature=related]YouTube - 2011-04-10_21-08-39_706[/video]

Please Help

Nas

Reaction score
Never Mind

I figured it out. I have the EC10 Source Built ComaVolt TouchWiz,
with ec01.. clocked out at 1.25 ghz. blazing fast an battery is amazing.

Thanks
TAPOUT27 & hecantbreathe for all your past help!

prenedo

Reaction score

Thanks TAPOUT27 & hecantbreathe for all your past help!

I've been messing around with my phone since the EB01 ODIN update. I am currently on ec01 debloated, with the newest comavolt kernel. I am new to rooting, and want to overclock my processor. I have tegrak, it allows me to OC but it doesn't stay OC'd through reboots. Do I need setcpu or a new kernel?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

I've been messing around with my phone since the EB01 ODIN update. I am currently on ec01 debloated, with the newest comavolt kernel. I am new to rooting, and want to overclock my processor. I have tegrak, it allows me to OC but it doesn't stay OC'd through reboots. Do I need setcpu or a new kernel?
tegrak doesnt hold after a reboot...you will have to reset it every reboot

prenedo

Reaction score

Thanks man. SetCPU is the preferred method? or anything free in the market to OC?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks man. SetCPU is the preferred method? or anything free in the market to OC?
SetCPU will only be useful to you if you have an OverClock kernel
or you want to underclock your current 1ghz kernel to 800mhz...otherwise your device will default to the highest available slot in the kernel automatically

For a kernel like this one you can individualize the voltage settings for each clock speed you choose to run and control it with a free app called Voltage Control in the market...be careful though as it can lock up if you set it too low

[KERNEL][TouchWiz][4.19.11] OTB-Reloaded Kernel - xda-developers

crashmonk

Reaction score
I followed these instructions and everything seemed great, but I can never get my phone to fully boot on the sv and -50 PBJ. Not sure why. Also howe can I be sure I have CWMR 3.0? Phone is giving me major issues. I almost wonder of the program files that I backed up on my card are corrupt. I only backed up programs and settings, not user data. Please help.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I followed these instructions and everything seemed great, but I can never get my phone to fully boot on the sv and -50 PBJ. Not sure why. Also howe can I be sure I have CWMR 3.0? Phone is giving me major issues. I almost wonder of the program files that I backed up on my card are corrupt. I only backed up programs and settings, not user data. Please help.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
CWMR 3.0 is orange and you get it thru Rom Manager...

Dont bother using the CWMR 3.0 orange as it is optimized for our phones yet, most all Roms, kernels and themes arent CWMR 3.0 compatible yet...

Just try a different voodoo kernel...it possible your hardware doesnt like those......also before flashing a new voodoo kernel wipe cache and then in the voodoo option in red CWMR 2.5....make sure enable lagifx is checked

unrealnighthawk

Reaction score
Thanks for this helpful post. Unfortunately I'm getting stuck in step 1. :-( I start up Odin, load the PIT and PDA files, check re-partition and click Start. It sits on modem.bin for a minute, then my phone turns off - messing up the whole process.

I installed HashCheck to check CI500_VZW_EB01_FROYO_REL.tar.md5 - but HashCheck wont run it. It says "Cannot load..". I thought maybe the md5 was corrupt so I tried downloading it again. Unfortunately I get the same result.

Is there something else I can try?