Just a suggestion....

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion....READ ME

Hey guys...I know alot of you are having problems with installs, md5 checks, nandroid backups and overall CWMR performance etc...

I strongly suggest everyone use GizmoDroid's instructions I've pasted here and go ahead and follow these steps to completely fix the issues currently with CWMR/Froyo etc....
This is a step by step guide with all needed downloads and appropriate files....

This will wipe data etc so use Titanium Backup or My Backup Pro to save your apps and data...You dont have to update to EC01 but at least it will fix your red CWMR...

Also, when restoring, personally I use Titanium and I only restore apps, no data...aside from maybe individually restoring Angry Birds data or something....
In order to insure a clean install restoring data is pointless since you just wiped, potentially you could restore a prob and usually thats the reason you get FC's and errors on new Roms....
(I only restore data if I'm just updating my current Rom with a newer version, SC v2.9.1 to SC v2.9.2 etc)

[SIZE=+2]
Bestest Best Way to Install This ROM[/SIZE]
Download to PC

Place on /sdcard

Step-by-Step Installation - Important!

1. ODIN the full stock EB01 package in PDA, the atlas_v2.2.pit in PIT, and "Re-Partition" checked
  2. Let your phone fully boot into the OS and verify everything is working correctly
  3. Remove your battery
  4. ODIN the CWM Recovery package
  5. Close odin, Unplug/replug the phone from USB, re-enter download mode, Re-open odin.
  6. ODIN the EC01 modem
  7. Unplug USB Cable, THEN reinsert your battery(DONT REBOOT)
  8. Hold both of the volume keys and the power button down until a second after you see the Samsung boot logo, then let go
  9. It should now boot into red CWM recovery
  10. Wipe Cache only. Flash the ec10_rom.zip(or SC v2.9.2 or other ROM of your choice)
  11. Flash the kernel of your choice
  12. Reboot. If you have installed a voodoo kernel, then you should hear a Sexy Robot lady telling you that she is converting your partitions. This process will take 10 minutes or so. If you pull the battery, you will have to start all over again.
  13. Let your phone fully boot into the OS and verify everything is working correctly
I can't stress enough how important it is to check your files for the correct checksum to verify that your download did not get corrupted (you can also use it as a way to make sure you have the right version). You can use HASH CHECK to check the MD5 checksums to verify they are correct, http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/ Also, follow these instructions exactly. You could potentially be wasting your time and anyone else's who is trying to help you fix whatever random issue you might be having, merely because you didn't follow the instructions.

Last edited:

CC268

Reaction score
I have done all this up until the point where you are supposed to flash the ROM zip. I plugged my computer in and simply dragged and dropped the file onto the H drive (my phone), I then booted into recovery and tried to zip from SD card but the file isnt even there??

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have done all this up until the point where you are supposed to flash the ROM zip. I plugged my computer in and simply dragged and dropped the file onto the H drive (my phone), I then booted into recovery and tried to zip from SD card but the file isnt even there??
you unplugged the phone and turned off usb mass storage mode right

did you put it in a folder or on the root menu of your sd card

install from sd card
choose zip from sd card
choose ROM zip file and yes to install

CC268

Reaction score

install from sd card
choose zip from sd card

under the H drive (the name of my phone on my computer) do I drag and drop the zip file onto a specific folder or just into the H drive? I have a sd card folder but i dont see a root folder in it...

Last edited:
OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

install from sd card
choose zip from sd card

under the H drive (the name of my phone on my computer) do I drag and drop the zip file onto a specific folder or just into the H drive? I have a sd card folder but i dont see a root folder in it...

just put it on the root of the sd card...not in a folder

CC268

Reaction score

install from sd card
choose zip from sd card

when i wasnt putting it in the folder it wasnt showing up so i had to put it in the sd folder...i seem to have it going I think...in about phone it says I have EC01 and I downloaded JTs new voodoo kernel...however when I flashed it and rebooted I didnt get any robot lady till I enabled EX4 lagfix and rebooted...is this ok? Sorry about all the questions, try to search as many as possible

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

when i wasnt putting it in the folder it wasnt showing up so i had to put it in the sd folder...i seem to have it going I think...in about phone it says I have EC01 and I downloaded JTs new voodoo kernel...however when I flashed it and rebooted I didnt get any robot lady till I enabled EX4 lagfix and rebooted...is this ok? Sorry about all the questions, try to search as many as possible
yea as long as after you enabled lagfix you got the robot voice you are good to go....

CC268

Reaction score

yea as long as after you enabled lagfix you got the robot voice you are good to go....

Ok cool thanks. I was just a little concerned after I installed the ROM because it looked the same as the stock verizon pretty much. thanks for your help

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ok cool thanks. I was just a little concerned after I installed the ROM because it looked the same as the stock verizon pretty much. thanks for your help
yea its a stock rom...stock theme and all

CC268

Reaction score
OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

last question, you like it better than SC and whats the speed comparison?
yea i like it better that SC v2.9.2....it def seems more responsive and GPS functions better for me....
But again thats just my opinion...plus since Adrynalyne will be releasing a SC version of this EC01 rom i figured id run this until then.....which might be this weekend :)

CC268

Reaction score

yea i like it better that SC v2.9.2....it def seems more responsive and GPS functions better for me....
But again thats just my opinion...plus since Adrynalyne will be releasing a SC version of this EC01 rom i figured id run this until then.....which might be this weekend :)

Ok sweet! I really like the voodoo kernel too, I might try COmovolt again but I dont think you can OC it if I remember correctly

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ok sweet! I really like the voodoo kernel too, I might try COmovolt again but I dont think you can OC it if I remember correctly
I use the Comavolt 50uv and Tegrak Overclock to OC to 1.2ghz perfectly stable...i dont use setCPU ATM...no need