[ODIN][04/23/11] ODIN Froyo ED01 packaged ROMs

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
All credit goes to DroidXcon for these....and landshark68 for the post on XDA...

icon1.gif
[ODIN][04/23/11] ODIN Froyo ED01 packaged ROMs ***UPDATED 06/12/11***
Everyone may already know DroidXcon over at Android Central was the one who originally gave us Fascinate owners these ODIN packages. Unfortunately his phone became hard bricked when it fell off his desk while helping someone in the AC forums. I offered to help, and DroidXcon spent several hours walking me through the necessary steps to create the ODIN packages. So all credit for these ODIN packages goes to him, I am simply following his exact instructions and continuing his work.

Besides DroidXcon, I want to also give credit where credit is due. I am not claiming any part in creating the ROMs contained in these ODIN packages, this is just an easy all-in-one way to flash ROM, kernel, and modem. Adrynalyne, one of the great devs working on the Fascinate among other phones, took time out of his busy schedule to Debloat, Debing, and Deodex the ED01 official Froyo OTA release to give us that ROM. Adrynalyne again and the rest of TeamSbrissenMod - sbrissen, nisuj17, nemesis2all, gizmodroid, sunder74, gunnermike53, & js123, and anyone else who had any part in putting together or testing this collaborative effort known as Community ROM or Ultimate KangBang. Devs jt1134 and GizmoDroid collaborated and provided us with the current, functioning CWM linked to in this thread. imnuts for his kernel which seems to have been the key to get the Comm ROM packages to flash and load. So thank you so much to all of you for everything you have done and continue to do for the Fascinate and the Fascinate community......

XDA and I disclaim all liability for any harm that may befall your device, including, but not limited to: bricked phones, voided manufacturer warranties, exploding batteries, etc. We all flash things onto our phones at our own risk.

DroidXcon's original ODIN content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...ed-3-25-a.html
ED01 DB/DO original content here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1044406
CWM-recovery-all-3-30-fix original content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...confusion.html
Community ROM original content here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1050453
Community ROM 2.0 original content here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1108991
PeanutButta Jelly Time kernel original content here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1012571

The Debloated/Deodexed packages contain the ED01 Debloated/Deodexed/Debinged rooted ROM from Adrynalyne, the EC01 modem/radio, cwm froyo, and Adrynalyne's EC10 kernel. The Community ROM packages contain Comm ROM v1.3, the EC01 modem/radio or no modem/radio, cwm froyo, and imnuts' -50mv nonvoodoo kernel. There is no stand alone ED01 modem yet, so we have to make do with the EC01 modem for now. Just like DroidXcon's other packages, these are nonvoodoo only. I will make adjustments to the packages as things are released.

IF YOU ARE RUNNING A VOODOO SETUP, YOU WILL NEED TO DISABLE VOODOO LAG FIX PRIOR TO FLASHING ONE OF THESE ODIN PACKAGES JUST TO BE SAFE. After a clean install and full reboot you can boot to cwm, flash the voodoo kernel of your choice, enable lag fix and reboot.

I NOW INCLUDE IMNUTS' -50mv NONVOODOO KERNEL IN THE COMM ROM PACKAGES BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO WORK TO ALLOW THE ROM TO FLASH IN ODIN AND COMPLETELY LOAD. AFTER THE ROM COMPLETELY LOADS, YOU CAN STICK WITH THAT KERNEL TO SEE HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU OR YOU CAN SAFELY BOOT TO CWM AND FLASH THE VOODOO OR NONVOOODOO KERNEL OF YOUR CHOICE.

***Update 05/17***
- Switched from times_infinity's ComaVolt nonvoodoo kernel to imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel
- Data wipe Community ROM packages added.
- Community ROM packages contain Comm ROM v 1.3

***Update 06/12***
- Added Community ROM 2.0 packages

To install ODIN packages on your device
1.Download and install drivers on your computer HERE

2. Next you will need the ED01 Froyo tar file which will be placed in the PDA section of ODIN:
DEBLOATED/DEODEXED:
Use this version if you are coming from an Eclair build (EA28, DL09, DH12, DI01.)
This version will wipe your data, so make sure you back it up:
ED01DB_DO_SHARK.tar
Use this version if you are already on a Froyo Build (DL30, EB01, EC01, or stock ED01.)
This version will not wipe your data:
ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar

COMMUNITY ROM:
CR 1.3
These versions will not wipe your data
This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel:
CR_EC01_NutsX_Shark.tar
This version contains imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel and no modem/radio for those who have the ED01 modem radio or just want to keep the modem/radio they are currently using:
CR_NoModem_NutsX_Shark.tar

These versions will wipe your data, so make sure to back it up
This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel
CR_EC01_Nuts_Shark.tar
This version contains imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel and no modem/radio
CR_NoModem_Nuts_Shark.tar

***Installation instructions for Comm ROM 2.0 recommend a data wipe. If you choose to use a no wipe version and end up with force closes or other problems that is not my fault nor the fault of anyone from the team that developed the ROM. You can correct those problems by then flashing a wipe version. You have been warned, flash at your own risk***

CR 2.0
These versions will wipe your data, so make sure you back it up
This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnut's 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel
CR20_EC01_NUTS_SHARK.tar
This version contains no modem/radio and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel
CR20_NOMODEM_NUTS_SHARK.tar

These versions will not wipe your data
This version contains the EC01 radio/modem and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel
CR20_EC01_NUTSx_SHARK.tar
This version contains no modem/radio and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel
CR20_NOMODEM_NUTSx_SHARK.tar

After downloading these files you will need to extract the .tar.md5 file from the .rar file. For visual aid instructions on "how to extract the file" and "how to use ODIN", see post #'s 3 and 4 of DroidXcon's original ODIN thread .

3.) You will need to download the ODIN application tool found here ODIN or ODIN MIRROR
4.) You will also need the latest recovery, CWM-recovery-all-3-30-fix, download it HERE
5.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
6.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
7.) Remove battery from phone.
8.) Launch ODIN on PC.
9.) Plug USB cable into phone.
10.) Plug your Fascinate into the PC via the USB cable that came with your phone.
11.) Press and hold the volume down key until (approx 3 secs) you see a gigantic yellow triangle on your phone, and your phone will be in download mode. The first thin rectangle in the upper left of the ODIN applicate should also turn yellow and identify a com port. You can now release the volume key.

12.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell.
mad.gif
mad.gif

13.) Find and double click on the ED01.tar.md5 file you downloaded in step 2 above & click the Start button. (This should take approx 3 to 6mins)
14.) Phone will power down when finished.
15.) Remove USB cable.
16.) Close, then reopen ODIN.
17.) Reconnect phone to USB cable as described above in step 11.
18.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN. (Don't forget the warning about making sure you clicked the PDA button)
19.) Find and double click the CWM-recovery-all-3-30-fix.tar file you downloaded in step 4 above & once again click the Start button. (This should only take 7 seconds)
20.) Phone will power down again.
21.) Close ODIN
22.) Reinsert battery.
23.) Power phone and wait to boot. (Should take approx. 4 mins)

wessiide

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch didn't have to lose all my apps this time

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

ruddyone

Reaction score
getting many "Process system is not responding Wait/FC" errors after running this.

Cannot start phone.

soondolee

Reaction score
Do I need to be rooted? Or can I just use it over unrooted phone?
Thnx in advance

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do I need to be rooted? Or can I just use it over unrooted phone?
Thnx in advance

It wouldnt hurt to root it to familiarize yourself with the process and get to know the phone...

soondolee

Reaction score
Thnx for reply.
Is it ok to root with one click rooting?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP updated with COMM ROMv1.3 and v2.0 ODIN packages.....READ ALL DIRECTIONS

biminjds

Reaction score
Hey can someone please help , I followed the instructions to a T, now whenever I reboot my phone appdata and email data are erased . I tried mounting everything on voodoo but diddnt work, anyone know a quick fix?

Hymizzle

Reaction score
What package did you Odin? Are you trying to get to ComRom v2.1?

Keep me Fascinated
ED04
EC10 Voodoo Lagfix
Honeycomb v4 - Animated