[ODIN][04/23/11] ODIN Froyo ED01 packaged ROMs

biminjds

Reaction score
I used ED01DB_DO_SHARK.tar.md5

I was trying to get comrom 2.0 or anything that is stable and easy to use.

Hymizzle

Reaction score
What you need is DL09.tar and from there let it update to ED04. Then Odin CWM 3.0, then flash a custom kernel, then flash ComRom v2.1. After all that flash a theme of your choice.
This would be your best choice and most stable.

Keep me Fascinated
ED04
EC10 Voodoo Lagfix
Honeycomb v4 - Animated

anubistcp

Reaction score
First off thanks for putting this together. Second, i'm relatively new to messing with my phones. I've done roots and back to stock DL09 without issues.

I used the ED01DB_DO_SHARK.tar and everything went smoothly. However, 2 things I noticed is that the home and search buttons don't seem to do anything now. I get the feedback when i hit them but no action. Did I miss something?

thx

biminjds

Reaction score
thanks for the speedy response man , DL09.tar, any suggestions on where to finds that ? Would CWM 3.3 work ? or specifically 3.0? Any links on where to find com rom 2.1? what's your favorite theme? What custom kernel is best to use?

any advice greatly appreciated .

biminjds

Reaction score
I am just going to come out and say your are really no help at I have spent another 9 hours trying to figure this out.

What you need is DL09.tar and from there let it update to ED04. Then Odin CWM 3.0, then flash a custom kernel, then flash ComRom v2.1. After all that flash a theme of your choice.
This would be your best choice and most stable.

Keep me Fascinated
ED04
EC10 Voodoo Lagfix
Honeycomb v4 - Animated

biminjds

Reaction score
Hey , appologies, being cranky , appreciate your suggestion, although I had to do many hours of research it is finally done and working properly after a year of having the phone, waiting for updates, error & glitch free roms,

Android can be better than apple if you put the same about of time into it as a full time job. It makes me sick how verizon packages the phone stock, still my battery life sucks though.

anubistcp

Reaction score
I've only got one problem while using the the ComRom 2.0 PBJ novoodoo. With or without wipe.

The phone runs fine, however, I can't charge the phone if it's powered down. It just locks up. It'll charge fine while it's on. But if I turn the phone off and plug it up I get the battery symbol and the it freezes. Which normally wouldn't be an issue until the phone happens to run out of juice.

And I've done this with 2 phones.

I've gone and redone my phone the manual way with comrom2 and pbj 50v novoodoo and I don't have that issue, just other issues.