[RECOVERY] Updated ClockworkMod for ALL ROMs UPDATED 3/30/11

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
All credit goes to GizmoDroid and jt1134 over at XDA for this awesome update to CWMR red

Orig link: [RECOVERY] Updated ClockworkMod for ALL ROMs - xda-developers

icon1.gif
[RECOVERY] [3/30/11] Updated ClockworkMod for ALL ROMs
So the current iterations of cwm seem to have trouble working reliably with the newer froyo ROMs, and koush's recovery (although seeming to work correctly) is quite broken. So......

please find below a new recovery package that should work for any ROM for the fascinate, mesmerize, or showcase.

This is a "red" cwm recovery, and it will work with both voodoo and non-voodoo installations.

cwm-recovery-ALL.zip can be flashed via any cwm recovery.

if you are using odin, then use the cwm-recovery-ALL odin (.tar) package.

updated 3/29 - thanks to GizmoDroid for help with fixing fix_permissions script and root permissions typo that screwed up nandroid restores

updated 3/30 - fixed 'umount' typo - actually *fixed* fix_permissions this time - fixed odin/heimdall recovery attachment

Flash in CWMR - xda-developers
Flash in ODIN - xda-developers

The bad thing is that ROM's like Superclean have kernel/recovery/OS all bundled together, so if they flash CWM first, then flash the rom, CWM will be overwritten.

Here is a version of the flash with the /system files stripped out. I would recommend using this, or the odin file, if you are using custom kernels.

cwm-recovery-ALL.zip - 3/31/11 - Newest - Custom kernel friendly

ENJOY....

Last edited:
OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didnt see this newest version mentioned...if so I apologize

Either way it deserves its own thread as its a mainstream must use item.....

This version fixes the nandroid backup issues with the older version of red CWMR...thats why I posted it seperately

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
I didnt see this newest version mentioned...if so I apologize

Either way it deserves its own thread as its a mainstream must use item.....

This version fixes the nandroid backup issues with the older version of red CWMR...thats why I posted it seperately

Good deal, this way people can't possibly miss it. Thanks.

Vyvid

Reaction score
Good deal, this way people can't possibly miss it. Thanks.

Dammit I was hoping for an epic mud wrestling session, but for tech nerds... So like typy posty tech term battle.

*disappointed face*

Sent from a SuperClean Galaxy far, far away.

mogar79

Reaction score
Help with Clockworkmod and the New Droid OS 2.2.2

:icon_eek:I no longer have access to the clockworkmod, the triangle with ! in it comes up when I try to use rom manager. Howe can I put a custom Kernal on my phone which I have the file for on my SD card?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
:icon_eek:I no longer have access to the clockworkmod, the triangle with ! in it comes up when I try to use rom manager. Howe can I put a custom Kernal on my phone which I have the file for on my SD card?
Just reODIN the CWMR.tar in this thread

lissa5168

Reaction score
Hopefully this is what I'm looking for. Ever since installing the ComaVolt voodoo kernel, my clockwork throws a "failure to generate md5 checksum" error. Driving me nuts! lol

Ignore my sig ... haven't changed it since I had my Droid.

collinjm01

Reaction score
Last edited:

lissa5168

Reaction score
You flash it through clockwork. It solved all my nandroid problems with the custom kernel.