[GUIDE][HOW-TO] Clockwork Mod Recovery

OP
hecantbreathe

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
No, only disable lag fix if you are flashing a non voodoo ROM or Kernel.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok one more question and then I am done will the questions lol. One should probably disable lagfix before flashing the new CWM recovery if on a voodoo kernel correct?
No you dont have to disable voodoo...i didnt...but I did reflash my voodoo kernel afterwards

Hymizzle

Reaction score
So when you flash a new update CWR do you need a newer update.zip to your sd card? Is the new CWR able to restore your nandroid backup you did with older clockwork?

OP
hecantbreathe

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
So when you flash a new update CWR do you need a newer update.zip to your sd card? Is the new CWR able to restore your nandroid backup you did with older clockwork?

No need for update. Zip and you should be able to restore yes.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

Hymizzle

Reaction score
Well I deleted the update.zip should I put it back? Dont I need that for flashing the new CWR all??

OP
hecantbreathe

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Yeah put it back until you flash the new cwm all

Hymizzle

Reaction score
My phone is not recognizing the update.zip I but back on my phone, root of my sd card. Cant get into CWR. I have the newest CWR All for custom roms on my sd card.

OP
hecantbreathe

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
My phone is not recognizing the update.zip I but back on my phone, root of my sd card. Cant get into CWR. I have the newest CWR All for custom roms on my sd card.

Just Odin the cwm all tar

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this was covered or not...if trying to restore a nandroid backup of a themed rom it will cause a bootloop. You need to flash the actual rom file over top after you do a restore to remove the theme with this new recovery before rebooting.

Sent from my fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also flashing a rom and theme in same session will cause a bootloop. See the thread on this over at fascinateforums

Sent from my fascinate

OP
hecantbreathe

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
My bad, I forgot to update the newest clockwork links. They're up now and should let you restore a themed back up.