JRummy's Remix Rom CyanMod 5.0.5-V0.1 (3-21-2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
SO...I noticed a couple of the scripts were causing issues with deleting the wrong things? were these issues fixed, meaning will each RM script only remove what it's intended too?

tdog7879

Reaction score
I guess some how I removed the weather display while being on the dock.....how would I re enable it?....thanks

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you have to mount the system first for rw access. So yes do the mountsys command then one of the scripts.

kinda thought so...thanx alot....

Actually every script mounts the system for you. So yes you can type su (enter) thescript (enter) and you are done. There is no really big secret to scripts. They are pretty easy to write. If you want to look at one go into system/xbin (some roms might have it in bin depending on where busybox is installed), find the script name (if you are using root explorer) long press it, and go to the selection to view it.. You can change any script you want that way too. The easiest way is to do it yourself on the computer using notepad++ or some other software. If you add any scripts yourself just make sure you chmod (giving it permissions) before running it. To do that just mountsys and type chmod 777 /system/xbin/yourscriptnamehere and unmount. If you look in system/xbin you will see a script that's called enablescripts. All it is is a list of all the scripts I wrote and it gives permission to each one. Anyway, I wasn't planning on rambling on here but I think the more info. shared with everyone ends up being a better experience for the community.

The only script that is wrong is rmpandora. It removes spareparts instead. If you want to change it read my post above. Also, rmhelix says it removes weather widget but it really does what it's suppose to. I put up some clockwork installation options that have the fixes for these.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
kinda thought so...thanx alot....

actually every script mounts the system for you. So yes you can type su (enter) thescript (enter) and you are done. There is no really big secret to scripts. They are pretty easy to write. If you want to look at one go into system/xbin (some roms might have it in bin depending on where busybox is installed), find the script name (if you are using root explorer) long press it, and go to the selection to view it.. You can change any script you want that way too. The easiest way is to do it yourself on the computer using notepad++ or some other software. If you add any scripts yourself just make sure you chmod (giving it permissions) before running it. To do that just mountsys and type chmod 777 /system/xbin/yourscriptnamehere and unmount. If you look in system/xbin you will see a script that's called enablescripts. All it is is a list of all the scripts i wrote and it gives permission to each one. Anyway, i wasn't planning on rambling on here but i think the more info. Shared with everyone ends up being a better experience for the community.

the only script that is wrong is rmpandora. It removes spareparts instead. If you want to change it read my post above. Also, rmhelix says it removes weather widget but it really does what it's suppose to. I put up some clockwork installation options that have the fixes for these.

ah...i got ya...thanx for clearing that up....

stlcity

Reaction score
JRummy is the nandroid in op using adamz kernel with JIT working?

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

No, I accidently uploaded the one I disabled for jit. If you want it enabled adb pull the build.prop or use root explorer (long press, then select open in text editor) and go to the very bottom line. Then change dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast to dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit. If you want to disable it reverse the process. Does this help?

stlcity

Reaction score

No, I accidently uploaded the one I disabled for jit. If you want it enabled adb pull the build.prop or use root explorer (long press, then select open in text editor) and go to the very bottom line. Then change dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast to dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit. If you want to disable it reverse the process. Does this help?

Thanks buddy. After I change I just save and its done?

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Thanks buddy. After I change I just save and its done?

You got it :)

funk1

Reaction score
iv etried to install a kernel....but it gives me error 25....ive tried using dashes and none but it still gives an error.....whats the exact way to install.....thanks for any help

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
iv etried to install a kernel....but it gives me error 25....ive tried using dashes and none but it still gives an error.....whats the exact way to install.....thanks for any help

Error 25 is too many subfolders. Look at the sig for more info.

funk1

Reaction score

thanks....but i still don't know what im doing wrong....im putting the kernel in my root folder ...id this right?

BTW: when jrummy says to long press into root ex. what file am i pulling up to long press into?

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you are trying the one that is update.zip format. Place in the root of the sdcard and apply in recover as update.zip.

thedroid

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the difference between nandroid and clockwork? Do you use both? Do they do the same thing? I have JRummy's last ROMs (which are great) and I just used nandroid. I'm sure (hope) I'm not the only one with these questions. Thanks.

funk1

Reaction score

thanks....but i still don't know what im doing wrong....im putting the kernel in my root folder ...id this right?

BTW: when jrummy says to long press into root ex. what file am i pulling up to long press into?

CORRECTION; i meant to say im dling the rom ...extracting it...then i put it in the nandroid folder.....i get error 25[too many spaces,because after extracting it has spaces between all names]

then i put dashes between the names....and run again,but then i get error 21.

sorry about the mess up........any help thanks

stlcity

Reaction score

CORRECTION; i meant to say im dling the rom ...extracting it...then i put it in the nandroid folder.....i get error 25[too many spaces,because after extracting it has spaces between all names]

then i put dashes between the names....and run again,but then i get error 21.

sorry about the mess up........any help thanks

DL onto a PC. Extract using winrar or 7zip. The folder that you put in the nandroid folder on root of sd card should only have 3 files in them(NO OTHER FOLDERS): system, data and boot ( I think). Place that folder in the nandroid folder of your sd card. Boot into recovery. Choose the backup and restore. You should be good to go. :)

I did not change the names of any extracted files.

Status
Not open for further replies.