JRummy's Remix Rom CyanMod 5.0.5-V0.1 (3-21-2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
How do I do a nandroid restore if I'm using clockwork recovery?

YOU COULD DOWNLOAD DMUpdater from the market and let it flash SirPsychos nandroid recovery image, then just do an advanced nandroid backup of your current ROM setup and follow the posted instructions in post 1 to download and setup this ROM....hope this helps

exactly how do i find the dmupdater in the market?

stlcity

Reaction score
Tried downloading the PS3droid's 1200 OC kernel. Changed it to update.zip on root of sdcard. When I try to install thru sp recovery it says installation aborted???any ideas....

Love the ROM though

JRummy when u update the OP with JIT enabled ROM could u please let us know so that I can download it and try it, Love the ROM so far. Keeper for now :)

brownpm85

Reaction score
Tried downloading the PS3droid's 1200 OC kernel. Changed it to update.zip on root of sdcard. When I try to install thru sp recovery it says installation aborted???any ideas....

Love the ROM though

JRummy when u update the OP with JIT enabled ROM could u please let us know so that I can download it and try it, Love the ROM so far. Keeper for now :)

This is not an update.zip method, you have to open the .zip on your computer and extract the folder and then put the folder in the nandroid folder on your SD card. You must do a data wipe twice and a cache wipe twice and then do an advanced nandroid restore and select the JRummy nandroid backup and restore

Edit- sorry I just realized that you said you just were downloading the PS3Droid Kernel ignore what I just said

If it helps the Adamz Kernel seems to be much more stable with JIT enabled, I haven't had a reboot yet... my phone constantly rebooted with the PS3Droid Kernel with JIT enabled on JRummy's first Remix rom

mjs31

Reaction score
Like the look, but after install I just get fc after fc and then constant restarts. Not sure if it is a conflict with something else or not, but no go for me. I tried the second one down in your list. Back to regular one for me.

Like the look, but after install I just get fc after fc and then constant restarts. Not sure if it is a conflict with something else or not, but no go for me. I tried the second one down in your list. Back to regular one for me.

I concur! bad "quilting" job of everyone's roms!! A for effort though!

Maybe next time you should try the version without JIT.

Unfortunately I tried that. Most apps are fine, but just to many force closes with apps I need. For one, I am not able to enable my activated version of Touchdown. Trial yes, but when I click on the activate icon I just get a FC.

Again, I love the look, but still get FC and reboots so there are compatibility issues with some apps. I really wanted to stick with this and even went through the process of manually loading each app and setting each up from the start like I had never done it before (first times I was using Titanium). But, still having the issues using JIT or not. Only certain apps, but still there.

stlcity

Reaction score

Love the ROM though

This is not an update.zip method, you have to open the .zip on your computer and extract the folder and then put the folder in the nandroid folder on your SD card. You must do a data wipe twice and a cache wipe twice and then do an advanced nandroid restore and select the JRummy nandroid backup and restore

Edit- sorry I just realized that you said you just were downloading the PS3Droid Kernel ignore what I just said

If it helps the Adamz Kernel seems to be much more stable with JIT enabled, I haven't had a reboot yet... my phone constantly rebooted with the PS3Droid Kernel with JIT enabled on JRummy's first Remix rom

Tried installing AdamZ low voltage kernels yesterday. Could not get it to boot. I was running the phone at 1.2 with JRummy's first remix...

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
So...Adamz kernel w/o JIT caused random reboots and unresponsive phone issues....I am now on Bekits kernel w/ JIT enabled, gonna see how this works....

For the scripts it as simple and typing su (enter) and then the command script right? I dont have to mountsys or anything first do I?

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So...Adamz kernel w/o JIT caused random reboots and unresponsive phone issues....I am now on Bekits kernel w/ JIT enabled, gonna see how this works....

For the scripts it as simple and typing su (enter) and then the command script right? I dont have to mountsys or anything first do I?

You have to mount the system first for RW access. So yes do the mountsys command then one of the scripts.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
so...adamz kernel w/o jit caused random reboots and unresponsive phone issues....i am now on bekits kernel w/ jit enabled, gonna see how this works....

For the scripts it as simple and typing su (enter) and then the command script right? I dont have to mountsys or anything first do i?

you have to mount the system first for rw access. So yes do the mountsys command then one of the scripts.

kinda thought so...thanx alot....

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so...adamz kernel w/o jit caused random reboots and unresponsive phone issues....i am now on bekits kernel w/ jit enabled, gonna see how this works....

For the scripts it as simple and typing su (enter) and then the command script right? I dont have to mountsys or anything first do i?

you have to mount the system first for rw access. So yes do the mountsys command then one of the scripts.

Actually every script mounts the system for you. So yes you can type su (enter) thescript (enter) and you are done. There is no really big secret to scripts. They are pretty easy to write. If you want to look at one go into system/xbin (some roms might have it in bin depending on where busybox is installed), find the script name (if you are using root explorer) long press it, and go to the selection to view it.. You can change any script you want that way too. The easiest way is to do it yourself on the computer using notepad++ or some other software. If you add any scripts yourself just make sure you chmod (giving it permissions) before running it. To do that just mountsys and type chmod 777 /system/xbin/yourscriptnamehere and unmount. If you look in system/xbin you will see a script that's called enablescripts. All it is is a list of all the scripts I wrote and it gives permission to each one. Anyway, I wasn't planning on rambling on here but I think the more info. shared with everyone ends up being a better experience for the community.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

actually every script mounts the system for you. So yes you can type su (enter) thescript (enter) and you are done

ok thanx...ive been doing the handcent hack on all these roms and i keep getting a syntax error line but it says handcent mounted AND THE ICON IS CHANGED AND ALL IS GOOD etc...THEN IN THE MARKET IT SAYS THERE IS AN UPDATE FOR HANDCENT...IVE TRIED WITH AND WITHOUT THE UPDATE AND IT STILL BECOMES UNRESPONSIVE NEEDING A BATT PULL TO RESTORE...

I'm now on the Bekit kernel w/ JIT...

Any thoughts?

EDIT: IT RUNS FINE BEFORE I DO ANY SCRIPTS

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you are getting an unresponsive phone. If it continues (and if you really think it is handcent) then maybe you should just use the one from the market place. I didn't theme the updated handcent because it had ads. Also, instead of doing a battery pull every time your phone becomes unresponsive (which is weird because I'm having no problems here) I would rather open up your keyboard and hold alt, the capitalize button and del at the same time and it will reboot your phone (like a control alt delete).

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you are getting an unresponsive phone. If it continues (and if you really think it is handcent) then maybe you should just use the one from the market place. I didn't theme the updated handcent because it had ads. Also, instead of doing a battery pull every time your phone becomes unresponsive (which is weird because I'm having no problems here) I would rather open up your keyboard and hold alt, the capitalize button and del at the same time and it will reboot your phone (like a contal alt delete tab).

ok cool...ill give that a shot next time...i was unaware you could do that....

the only other script ive run is the switchlwp...that worked just fine...

thanx for the advice...i love the ROM's regardless of any issues im having and i wont be switching anytime soon...

TD7424

Reaction score
Jrummy,
have you tested the chompsms on your phone at all, just wondering if it me or the ROM? I did do a full wipe data and cache twice and installed it from the market before any other apps!
Thanks

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you are getting an unresponsive phone. If it continues (and if you really think it is handcent) then maybe you should just use the one from the market place. I didn't theme the updated handcent because it had ads. Also, instead of doing a battery pull every time your phone becomes unresponsive (which is weird because I'm having no problems here) I would rather open up your keyboard and hold alt, the capitalize button and del at the same time and it will reboot your phone (like a control alt delete).

Wow thanks so much for the shortcut. It gets to be a pain in the neck having to take a case off in order to do a battery pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.