JRummy's Remix CyanMod 5.0.5.3 v.0.3 (3-27) *Too many scripts & goodies*

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
try out bekits new kernels. runs perfectly for me and keeps the temps low

I thought that Bekit's kernels were stock w/Koush's ROMs...does anyone know what kernel is stock (assuming it wasn't changed in this remix, and I don't remember a kernel change being noted.

Just checked - the kernel in Jrummy's mix has five slots: 250, 550, 600, 800, and 1000. I think Bekit's are 7-slot...
The original comes with bekit kernal ver1 and 2

Thanks, yeah...I just saw his (bekit's) post on it here (Kernel Requests - CyanogenMod Forum - Page 8

"CM 5.0.5.3 for Droid contains my 0.7 kernel, with OC available up to 1GHz w/ 5 slots.

A few pages back I posted .7.5 and .7.6, which have different clocks available. Once I finalize a few things, I will be making it so that CM 5.0.5.3 (or whatever the latest is) will have an option on install to pick which kernel you want to use. This will be my .8 release and will have several options."

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
BTW - I've had three instances in the last day with my phone stopping and not coming back from sleep. Had to pull the battery to get it restarted....I've seen this w/other ROMs, but it seems more frequent w/this one so far. Was running at 1GHz, a speed I've handled w/fewer problems on other ROMs. Just for fun I flashed another Bekit kernel (7 slot 1GHz) to see if it made any difference...

jlambeth1

Reaction score
So far, love what I've seen from this ROM but I'm having an issue with afirewall FC'ing on me no matter what I've tried. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Dalm

Reaction score
I dropped the v3 remix in blue on my droid the other day and so far I really like it. I think I'd like it in black more but blue works. I am however wondering about swapping kernals as my temps are running at 32-39c only clocked to 600/250. In the mornings after being cool and asleep all night still running 29-30c.(I have profile for sleep set to run at 250)
I was hoping to find some way to get those lower. This said I realize that the battery is good up to 45c and the processor itself 70c. But I'm overly anal about cooling with all my equipment.....always have been.

Anyone have any thoughts that I could give a try?

as a side note I'm using the SPRecovery version of the remix

just came across an issue. not sure whether its known or not. I tried to *228 and update but it doesn't allow me to get to a dialpad to put in any numbers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got a few soft reboots yesterday after clocking this up to 1000 bt it seems that after turning it back down to 800 that things are runninng better

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dropped the v3 remix in blue on my droid the other day and so far I really like it. I think I'd like it in black more but blue works. I am however wondering about swapping kernals as my temps are running at 32-39c only clocked to 600/250. In the mornings after being cool and asleep all night still running 29-30c.(I have profile for sleep set to run at 250)
I was hoping to find some way to get those lower. This said I realize that the battery is good up to 45c and the processor itself 70c. But I'm overly anal about cooling with all my equipment.....always have been.

Anyone have any thoughts that I could give a try?

as a side note I'm using the SPRecovery version of the remix

just came across an issue. not sure whether its known or not. I tried to *228 and update but it doesn't allow me to get to a dialpad to put in any numbers.

open your keyboard...then use the number keys

elweer

Reaction score
what would be the best way to return to stock without having all my data wiped again?

Dalm

Reaction score
Yes I was able complete it that way. But I wanted to just make note of the functionality issue

Dalm

Reaction score
what would be the best way to return to stock without having all my data wiped again?

I do not think it is possible to go backwards without a wipe. You should however be able to backup the majority of your stuff to avoid having to start over.
That being said did you do a backup before anything else nandroid or such?

elweer

Reaction score
yah i did a nandroid previous to installing the rom. i guess i'll just do that.

tonton

Reaction score
LED prob

First of all, great job on the rom. I deleted messaging app and use only handcent. For some reason I cannot get the led in the top corner to light up. Any suggestions? I did all the handcent settings and things, tried different colors, turned on and off trackball, etc, never had this prob before and was using ur previous rom. TIA, keep up ;the outstanding work.

mrgarrison

Reaction score
jrummy are you going to just make a whole new rom with all the scripts and stuff you have or is that what your other Remix ESE53 rom is? :)

tdog7879

Reaction score
How would i install one of the bekit kernal from the OP via sprecovery ...I tried renaming it and recovery says can not find? Any Thoughts...Thanks

superglen99

Reaction score
First of all, great job on the rom. I deleted messaging app and use only handcent. For some reason I cannot get the led in the top corner to light up. Any suggestions? I did all the handcent settings and things, tried different colors, turned on and off trackball, etc, never had this prob before and was using ur previous rom. TIA, keep up ;the outstanding work.

for the LED go to setting>sound and display>make sure pulse notification light and pulse with screen on are checked, that should do it :)

tonton

Reaction score

for the LED go to setting>sound and display>make sure pulse notification light and pulse with screen on are checked, that should do it :)

Thank you sir, did the trick.