Jrummy Themed LauncherPro V0.6.6 in all colors! in time for 5.0.9! :)

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
Sorry, been away... So you can't unintall this at all? Have you tried going to the Market and finding LauncherPRO and uninstalling through the Market??? I've never seen an application NOT able to be uninstalled... its just a system app... If you still have the stock Launcher2 on your phone try this.... (don't remove launcherPRO if you do'nt have an additional launcher still on your phone...)

su
mountsys
rm /system/app/LauncherPRO.apk (or whatever you named it)
unmountsys
sync
reboot

if that doesn't work, and you are running 5.0.9 enter Godmode in terminal and try deleting with astro manager (or whatever file manager you use)

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
@mike919 Any chance you'd be willing to theme/mod the ADW Launcher so it matches JRummy's different builds.

If someone wants to send me the latest version of ADW, I'd be willing to theme that as well... haven't spent too much time with it so it might take a day or two to figure out all the files...

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
@mike919 Any chance you'd be willing to theme/mod the ADW Launcher so it matches JRummy's different builds.

If someone wants to send me the latest version of ADW, I'd be willing to theme that as well... haven't spent too much time with it so it might take a day or two to figure out all the files...

Coolio, When I get home later this evening I'll get a copy of it for ya unless someone else posts it before then. And no rush or worries take you time and do it is time permits as it was just a thought I had when looking threw this thread.\

Edit: Here is a link to version 0.9 which is hte most current as of this am.
http://rapidshare.com/files/406532953/ADW.launcherV0.9.zip

MK17

Reaction score
ugh I tried this and I can't any launcher pro. I can "uninstall" and "update" launcher Pro but there is no launcher pro icon in my app drawer....

Edit: So ummmm I tricked it? I installed a different home app and it let me use launcher pro, but I don't think its themed

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
ugh I tried this and I can't any launcher pro. I can "uninstall" and "update" launcher Pro but there is no launcher pro icon in my app drawer....

Edit: So ummmm I tricked it? I installed a different home app and it let me use launcher pro, but I don't think its themed

You have to do this to get it completely removed from your system.

su
mountsys
rm /system/app/LauncherPRO.apk (or whatever it is named in your /system/app folder)
unmountsys
sync
reboot

upon reboot go into menu, settings, applications and uninstall .com.fede.launcherpro or something along those lines.

you should then be able to install the themed version from the OP. (or the most recent update and it will show in the launcher tray)

audioscience

Reaction score
No screenshots??????

That's what I was thinking. Screenshots would have saved a lot of people and saved the OP some badmouthing because some people expected something else.

So is it just a color-coded android? Is that what I'm getting?

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
its a launcher.... not really sure what kind of screenshots your looking for. try it and if you don't like it uninstall it. It is not a COMPLETE theme as its still in beta and i'm not gonna spend hours theming this launcher when it updates weekly if not every other day. When it is out of beta I will do Full colors themes with menu's etc... for now, there are just minor .png changes.

sorry, i've just mentioned this quite a few times in this thread already... when its out of beta i'll do a full theme. I was just getting something out for those that wanted it with the new Kangerade.

audioscience

Reaction score
I don't know why you get so defensive when people are just trying to clarify... As you know Launcher Pro is highly customizable and you can have a few different glass textures behind the home launcher and persistant apps. When I first entered the thread I thought those glass textures were color coded so I was just trying to get some clarification, something a simple screenshot would do.

I think calling this a "theme" confused a lot of people. Why download and entire .zip and run through recovery when you could just post the .png files and people could easily switch those out using by long pressing icons on the launcher and use the custom icon feature of LauncherPro?

Anyway, sorry to waste your time by trying to get some clarification.

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
no one is getting defensive just read the thread thats all.

and your right, since launcherpro is so customizable there really is no reason to change all the colors in the launcher itself since it allows you to all all the shortcuts that are already color themed by Mr. Jrummy.

I don't mind the questions, but if you think its easier to replace pings then flash a quick update.zip, especially for newbies, i believe you are mistaken... many people don't know how to open an .apk without breaking the signing etc.

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
i will update my OP and put up some screenies to try and alleviate some confusion.

audioscience

Reaction score
When you assign an app or function to the launcher bar you press and hold, choose your app/function and then it prompts you if you want the default icon, LauncherPro icon or a custom icon. If you choose custom icon it opens your gallery and you can choose a .png or .jpg to be used. If you have all your custom "themed" files in your gallery all you need to do is rechoose an icon and not reload a .zip. It has nothing to do with opening an .apk, etc...

That way you're also able to update the Launcher as the dev releases new versions.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
so i opened it up to customize some things (like making the droid guy a little darker shade of green) and i was just wondering, do you know where the background image file is? id like to make it a 50% transparent green. I know how to do it, i just cant find the file.

Anybody know where to find the background image?