Jrummy overclock settings won't stick

hexon

Reaction score
I've selected ulv 1.2 as my scaling and boot frequencies with ondemand as my governor but ever time I exit the app or restart the phone the scaling changes to 400hz min/400 hz max. I can't get my settings to save. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: 400/400 is my screen off profile settings but I don't know why that would effect anything.

OP
H

hexon

Reaction score
It seems overclocking is the least of my worries now. This stupid refurb's screen won't work now. Goody.

Reaction score
In the event you restart the phone hard or soft, you'll have to oc again, this is a safe fail from the devs and probably a God send to most of us, imagine running through bootloader oc'd and bricking your phone, like I said, its meant to not work once u close cancel restart reboot etc

OP
H

hexon

Reaction score
It's not just on reboot though. The app will max out my min/max settings both at 1200 sometimes, and 400 at other times without me even having to reboot the phone. If I'm in the app and hit the home button and wait a bit they will change themselves. It's supposed to be 1200max and 400 min.

OP
H

hexon

Reaction score
Sounds like you have two overclock apps/scripts competing with each other

You'd think, but the only overclock app I am using is the jrummy droid 2/X overclock. No setcpu, no FRM overclock files. I've tried deleted the app and reinstalling. I've even tried to reinstall the ROM from scratch. I'm at a loss.

fishaholic

Reaction score
did you ever run the fix permissions option on the overclock app?

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There is a bug for setting min / max on reboot. It is fixed but not uploaded yet.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
i am also having the screen off profile issue. If i set the screen off profile to 600mhz, turn the screen off, then turn the screen back on it stays on 600mhz. The update today wasnt aimed at this issue, i dont think lol

evilsock

Reaction score
what rom are u ruinning? ive had same prob with gummy/apex
my guess is its an ASOP thing bc those are ASOP roms.
this is just a guess btw

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Im running darkslidr 4.1 blurry....which btw I HIGHLY recommend...sweet theme....stable as can be...full functionality...fast...and I've had every rom installed...loving darkslide. Plus update coming tonight

this is just a guess btw

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
H

hexon

Reaction score
I figured it out. You have to have a "screen on" profile as well. I didn't have to do this with setcpu on my d1, so didn't even cross my mind on my d2.

devinhfox

Reaction score
this is just a guess btw

Apex and gummy are not aosp roms. They use the motorola framework, but the google apps are built from src I believe. Only aosp rom I think is ultimate droid, but that's got a bunch of problems for d2.