Set CPU issue

Troops2990

Reaction score
For my setcpu profile i have it set to have a max speed of 400 and a min of 250 while plugged in but while it was in the dock it stated the current speed was 550.. and it stayed there for as long as i was looking at it (about 5 min). Anybody know what could cause this. Thanks

d1
Chevys 1.2 ulv
UD 8 w/ watermark'd theme

drpaul07

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/39948-setcpu-bug.html
and
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/63865-cpu-stuck-certain-speed-when-charging.html

Its a known issue (at least by some people; i still think a lot of people don't realize it or think it doesn't happen when it does), but basically its an android os thing. When charging through ac, the cpu speed gets locked at whatever the third slot of your kernel is. When i charge mine, it gets locked at 600MHz cuz thats the third slot of my kernel. Setcpu follows the charging profile when charging through a usb but not the ac. It doesn't seem to matter whether you have profiles enabled or disabled, or what your charging profile is. This has happened for me on stock roms, custom roms, chevy kernels, slayher kernels. Thats just what happens when charging through ac or dock.
One more edit haha: it also happened on 2.1 and happens on froyo too.

Last edited:

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
For my setcpu profile i have it set to have a max speed of 400 and a min of 250 while plugged in but while it was in the dock it stated the current speed was 550.. and it stayed there for as long as i was looking at it (about 5 min). Anybody know what could cause this. Thanks

d1
Chevys 1.2 ulv

Truly do not mean to be insulting but did you 'Enable' the Profile?

OP
Troops2990

Troops2990

Reaction score

d1
Chevys 1.2 ulv

Truly do not mean to be insulting but did you 'Enable' the Profile?

ha, yeah i double checked that one a couple of times.

OP
Troops2990

Troops2990

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, it looks like there is no real fix and it won't really hurt anything.

drpaul07

Reaction score
no prob..it used to bother me at first, but phones always get a bit warm when charging. the battery temp rises a little but not that much (low 30s C) and its an os thing and not really a bug or anything.