I've had enough...

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
jackiescivic said:
The Rezound has overheating issues

Really? This is the first I'm hearing about it. Mine never got hot.

To Necro...
Nice choice going with the Incredible 4g. I had the dinc and the dinc2. They were both great phones. Very solid in every way. If the Rezound hadn't of gone on sale a few months back the dinc4g would have been my choice.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Me neither. My son's rezound never got hot and I'm not finding complaints about it in the forums.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
N

Necrobater

Reaction score
OMG, The. EXT 16gb sd card sits right above the sim card just right of the camera lens and you can change it to a 32gb card!!! The 4g screams, all the bugs have already been fixed with updates, and its getting ICS in 3Q 2012. The BIONIC is ROCK SOLID! I scope out all the new phones as they come out and I still would not trade it for "anything" else on the market! IMO there is nothing that has impressed me more than the Bionic!
I just dont know what else to say? It has everything, and not one bad thing about it. OK ... got that off my chest ;-) goodluck
Battery life is great and ext batt available
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Well it was one of those where they open the back and don't really let you examine it thoroughly, but from what I could tell from a foot away, I didn't see it and there display doesnt ssay anything about sd card just 16gig internal memory. All the other phones tell ya so I dunno. I will have to re-examine it in greater detail. Think they don't like you looking at it cause their stupid security tether is only on the battery cover?

It looks if the incredible 4g doesnt come out on the 31st I will be getting the bionic... I Think, haha!

Last edited:

doug494

Reaction score
The one thing I do like about his rezound is he has both a toggle menu and a recent apps menu in his drop down status bar where the razr does not (maybe ICS will).

You do know that if you hold down the home key you get a recent apps menu? At least mine does and I don't think that is launcher pro, I think that is native.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, but it is not the same or as easy as his toggle - recent apps notification toggle. Maybe ICS will have it. In the meantime I have downloaded "notification toggle" which works great for now. Now I have at the top of the status notification area quick toggles for wifi, data, brightness, and volume and also my 4g app that I use to switch 4g off and on. So no matter what I'm doing or whatever app I'm in, all I have to do is flick down the status bar and can toggle whatever I need without having to leave what I'm doing.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Necrobater said:
Well it was one of those where they open the back and don't really let you examine it thoroughly, but from what I could tell from a foot away, I didn't see it and there display doesnt ssay anything about sd card just 16gig internal memory. All the other phones tell ya so I dunno. I will have to re-examine it in greater detail. Think they don't like you looking at it cause their stupid security tether is only on the battery cover?

It looks if the incredible 4g doesnt come out on the 31st I will be getting the bionic... I Think, haha!

I was just thinking, if I remember now.....
Correct me if im wrong guys, when the Bionic started selling below $199 Verizon started pulling the SD cards to be cost effective! I remember thinking thats BS!
Now I checked V & MOTO sites and no more Sd card listed! Thats messed up! At full price $299,mine came with a 16 gb card!
If you do go look at it again, look on top of the Sim card & there is another slot for the Sd card. They double stack!
Anyway... Alot of nice new phones out there, I like the Razr, but you won't regret getting a Bionic, I still think it'll still hold its own for the next 2 years!
Just think about it, to jack up phones much better than specs now, BATTERY technologys will have to match! Look how well thats been going on!
Bionic's Bad Ass IMO. ;-) Good Luck!!!
Ps: they wouldn't have an sd card in the display model anyway. Someone would steal it!!! LOL

Last edited:

bobbyp

Reaction score
I have been very pleased with my Bionic. I luckily bought right after the. 902 update and did not experience any of the growing pains early adopters had. I did get the OEM extended battery but even when I use the stock battery I get a full day of moderate usage. There isn't a other Verizon phone that I would pick again....for now ar least.

doug494

Reaction score
Gotcha.

I use switchpro and put an identical widget at the bottom of each screen. I had a pull down on my old X running Vortex, but the switchpro solution works best for me.

That's the beauty of Droid. No cookie cutter design.

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
So I have a question to some... I've had the Galaxy Nexus and i've had the issues, now i'm wondering about switching to the RAZR MAXX since it's the comparable phone to this. Has anyone else known someone who has done this or can I get some thoughts? Thanks.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
There are many who have gone from the gnex to the Maxx and very happy they did. Most seem to have made the change because of frustration with the gnex reception. Razr's have great reception.

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
There are many who have gone from the gnex to the Maxx and very happy they did. Most seem to have made the change because of frustration with the gnex reception. Razr's have great reception.

yea that's my big problem too.. hell anymore I don't even use the 4g LTE connection just CDMA. it's a hassle more than anything along with the phone shutting down and such. I may have to consider this then

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mooselodge24 said:
yea that's my big problem too.. hell anymore I don't even use the 4g LTE connection just CDMA. it's a hassle more than anything along with the phone shutting down and such. I may have to consider this then

I've never checked out a gnex, but I just looked at it online. Its looks to be a really amazing device.

I bet it must really be disheartening when it won't even hold the network.

Not slamming the device, merely my take on it. I know there are those out there that don't have the connectivity issue that love the device too.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a Bionic on release day. Had the growing pains. Got a Razr for basically free.
I gave the Bionic to my wife and she loves the phone.
I just got the Razr Maxx (whites are white).

The Maxx is hands down the best Verizon phone and if you need a removable battery, the Bionic.

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
yea I was sketchy about getting away from Motorola when I was hearing all these great things about the Gnex. I figured i'd give it a shot. they said an update was supposed to help all the issues with the gnex, but i've never had an issue with motorola's. I mean the FB integration was great too for contact pics(assuming that's still the same) and just lack of problems with it. plus i've heard all good things about the batt life on the maxx.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
electricman58 said:
I was just thinking, if I remember now.....
Correct me if im wrong guys, when the Bionic started selling below $199 Verizon started pulling the SD cards to be cost effective! I remember thinking thats BS!
Now I checked V & MOTO sites and no more Sd card listed! Thats messed up! At full price $299,mine came with a 16 gb card!
If you do go look at it again, look on top of the Sim card & there is another slot for the Sd card. They double stack!
Anyway... Alot of nice new phones out there, I like the Razr, but you won't regret getting a Bionic, I still think it'll still hold its own for the next 2 years!
Just think about it, to jack up phones much better than specs now, BATTERY technologys will have to match! Look how well thats been going on!
Bionic's Bad Ass IMO. ;-) Good Luck!!!
Ps: they wouldn't have an sd card in the display model anyway. Someone would steal it!!! LOL

Here at Costco we were selling "32gb" Bionics...ie: 16 onboard and 16 sd card. They are now only 16, which means no more sd card included. They did the same thing with the Razr