Is the Official OTA Froyo FRG01B?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[

Actually right on schedule for the most part. I expect we will see downloads for a week or so from the 3rd to the 10th

Droid Incredible users are NOt I repeat are NOt on the update list this week

Is the Droid X on the list?

infinity8x3

Reaction score
Man If I wasn't rooted with sprecovery installed. I would be pissing myself with anticipation.

This is great that the masses are going to get some 2.2 goodness.

I can't wait till the custom roms off of this official build start rolling out.

:D

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[

Actually right on schedule for the most part. I expect we will see downloads for a week or so from the 3rd to the 10th

Droid Incredible users are NOt I repeat are NOt on the update list this week

Is the Droid X on the list?

Right now only the Droid is going to roll next week. On the DI maybe the week after but not guaranteed. As for the X best estimate is end of August as the 2.2 builds that have been scoring very low. Until we see some 1800's on quadrant I say we won't see it

xmguy

Reaction score
Cool. I see by the VZW page you CAN update over WiFi. Has anyone ROOTED 2.2? I rooted my 2.1 and just want root access but don't want a custom rom.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes

Cool. I see by the VZW page you CAN update over WiFi. Has anyone ROOTED 2.2? I rooted my 2.1 and just want root access but don't want a custom rom.

Yes this one is rooted already......so no big deal for anyone who wants to use root

hookerdj

Reaction score
If you wasn't to get high 1700s try ultimate droid 501 I'll get a 1700 every try using a 1250 kernel .there its absoletly no way a stock droid will ever get a 1800 quadra nt score

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

k1ng617

Reaction score
Remote wipe and lock would be a huge plus for me I'm so paranoid about people stealing my life if I ever lose my phone.

xmguy

Reaction score

Yes this one is rooted already......so no big deal for anyone who wants to use root

I'm confused? I know once I changed the bootloader I can't get the OTA update. I'm gessing there will be a "custom" 2.2?

hookerdj

Reaction score
i dont understand what you are asking?

I'm confused? I know once I changed the bootloader I can't get the OTA update. I'm gessing there will be a "custom" 2.2?

jimmiet

Reaction score
Aren't the final builds labeled with an S in the middle for Stable? i.e.: ESD20, ESD56, ESE81

alkaholic

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Before I start getting all weepy, will somebody please tell me I missed the line about being able to install apps to the SD card? Looks like I may end up rooting after all...

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before I start getting all weepy, will somebody please tell me I missed the line about being able to install apps to the SD card? Looks like I may end up rooting after all...

I believe it is native to 2.2