andymellon4

Reaction score
Which is better in your opinion?

Not the Reviewers statements

If possible try to back up your view

I want to see the overall consensus on this phone

JoeFresco

Reaction score
In my opinion, as a current iPhone 3G user about to go Android, the only reasons to go with the iPhone are...
1) The App store (can't beat it right now)
2) You want 32 GB in your phone now (though microsdhc cards should be available soon)
3) You have to use ATT for some reason (family/corporate plan/international travel -- though you'd have to jailbreak/unlock to use internationally)
4) You just want an iPhone
5) You like iTunes for management

A phone like the Droid or Moment, though...
1) much, much better 3G coverage
2) Keyboard
3) microSDHC slot for multiple storage options
4) potentially replacing the entire OS
5) Android -- background apps, replacement of primary apps, customization of everything
6) Google Navigation (for now, at least)
7) You shouldn't have to jailbreak/root to tether
8) I personally believe that in the long run (perhaps by the end of the contracts we're going to sign now), Android will overtake the iPhone OS in popularity.
9) easy battery replacement / multiple batteries

My iPhone is jailbroken and unlocked. I'm still running 3.0 because I'm nervous about jeapordizing that, and I don't want to lose the "official" tethering capability.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think they are equals BUT I like the look/hardware and UI of the Droid way better. Droid just looks like a brute. Iphone is too sleek and "pretty"

missegg

Reaction score
Iphone is just too restrictive for me. I don't want Itunes, Ical, Ianything.

Getaphixx

Reaction score
iConcur

:happy2:

EDIT: Though I love the look of a ferrari over a volvo any day.. and too me.. yaaaaaaaaaa droid is the volvo...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know of at least 2-3 people that have the iphone and just don't like the phone itself. They said if apple wasn't so restrictive it would be a whole nother ball game. They said until that happens they are dropping the iphone for a droid (not necessarily the moto). It's interesting to see how many of my friends think that the iphone has become stale.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the IPhone either, but it does do some things very well. These things the Droid will be very well too, and some of it better. I feel like the IPhone users are cult like. They love it (most fo them) and swear they wouldn't go back. Me for as nice looking as it is, it's just too restricted and too dependent on Apple. Bring on the Droid!

_33

Reaction score
My cell phone is my primary line for work and I have 4 children in school from K1 to Sophmore. I need a phone that works all the time. AT&T coverage is pretty bad here. So the iPhone was never an option.

I have never owned a "smart phone" that I used to it's fullest. The Droid will be the first.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That seems to be a problem for quite a few users here, the coverage that is. I think apple did a disservice to itself by going with at&t, but i think they are the only ones that would allow for the crap that apple does (being as restrictive as it is).

I think there are a lot of reviewers that just like to look at the apple and droid in the easiest way possible.. through speed of internet and small tasks, they don't open it up for further assessment because alot of the stuff that the droid can do, the apple cannot. (well shouldn't say can't, should say restricted.)

mjs31

Reaction score
I got the Iphone about 1.5 months ago just to see (still kept my Tour with Verizon). I use to be a Mac guy and was curious. I have to admit I had a blast with it, but then again, that was after I did the jailbreak thing. Without Jailbreak...way to Jobs like restrictive. Problem with Jailbreak is you lose it with any new updates. That being said, from the videos I have seen, the Droid tops the Iphone since it is not restrictive. I believe that the emergence of Asteroid will either make Jobs rethink things (ya right) or see a downfall of the Iphone. You now release a phone that is pretty much as good as the Iphone, but non restrictive and make it available to a carrier with the ultimate coverage.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got the Iphone about 1.5 months ago just to see (still kept my Tour with Verizon). I use to be a Mac guy and was curious. I have to admit I had a blast with it, but then again, that was after I did the jailbreak thing. Without Jailbreak...way to Jobs like restrictive. Problem with Jailbreak is you lose it with any new updates. That being said, from the videos I have seen, the Droid tops the Iphone since it is not restrictive. I believe that the emergence of Asteroid will either make Jobs rethink things (ya right) or see a downfall of the Iphone. You now release a phone that is pretty much as good as the Iphone, but non restrictive and make it available to a carrier with the ultimate coverage.

Yeah plus this OS has the potential to destroy the iphone OS. easy. With a few updates and patches the OS would be on par if not far superior. (Not in terms of being locked or anything)

mjs31

Reaction score

Yeah plus this OS has the potential to destroy the iphone OS. easy. With a few updates and patches the OS would be on par if not far superior. (Not in terms of being locked or anything)

It's crazy isn't it. An OS as advanced in just a year....damn...the potential. Someone posted in the BB tour group that they are staying with BB cause the Android OS is blahhh and google should stick to search engines. I had to laugh and respond. This person has no clue on the Astroid OS (or how bland the BB OS is) or what else Google has done. That's what makes it great...Google is always looking to push the bar on things...

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
Droid Does
Widgets (these are huge)
Multitasking
Google Maps w/ Nav
Customizing
Physical Keyboard
Removable Battery
Expandable Memory
Open source (also huge)
Verizon network

iPhone does none of this.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There will always be people that just love certain things and have their opinions of it. There will always be BB users who think BB OS is far superior to others. That is their opinion, not supported by any facts whatsoever. I tend to leave them alone seeing as it's like trying to argue your case to a brick wall.

The droid will likely do alot more things the iphone can't or won't do. Give it some time and watch magic happen.