From my personal blog "iphone vs Droid ... NOT!"

mcsinfl

Reaction score
actually, ibird is in the android market now, and it's $9.99, looks like it's $29.99 on iphone

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That is something else that was nice about the iphone was the video editing. I also liked (as I have stated repeatedly) the espn app.

But as stated; to each his own. The droid is the best device for me, but may not be for someone who can care less about rooting, widgets, or multitasking. Some people can barely figure that stuff out and do not want or have the time to. They want to turn on their device and be able to figure out to use all the features in about 5 mins. That is what the iphone does and the fact that it is marketed to away that makes you want one.
ANy one who have had or played with the iphone has to admit that it is a nice device and have a lot of nice features. I prefer all the extra things I can do with my droid, but if I never had an android, or if the droid was not what it is , then I would admit I would prefer the iphone over all other smartphones.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%. I used a friend's iPhone before. If the iPhone was on Verizon , and I had never used a Droid before, I woulda grabbed an iPhone easy.

But, after I learned about free GPS, free apps, the iPhone started looking less n less appealing to me, for me.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
I forgot al about that video editing feature since i only have the iphone 3G ... but i have to admit, that is pretty badass in itself.

As another user said, its awesome to take a 45 second clip, and chop out a 10 second portion to send to a family member.

Anyone who has kids knows where im coming from lol.

BUT, the Android is still better :)

dancedroid

Darkseider

Reaction score
No its not subjective .. in my opinion (hehe i added that as a zing lol)

Some millionaires drive Toyota Corollas. Is it because they are cheap? Sure maybe. But there are some that just buy that car because they dont NEED such an amazing vehicle. The Toyota goes from pointA to pointB ... thats all they need, and they are happy with that. But you wont hear any one of them say their Toyota is "better" than a Mercedes. They just dont need it. But the point of my rant/post is that at least they admit the other car is "Better"!

In comparison, some people dont need to change home screens, or have fast browsing, or a replaceable battery, or navi, or whatever else ... so they go with the simpler version, the iPhone. But then rave that the iPhone is the better device??

Sorry. Have to take Takeshi's eminently reasonable side on this one. Is a Porsche "better" than a Land Rover? For the autobahn, you bet. For the outback? No.

For a large majority of consumers a simple to use device that responds predictably 99+% of the time and has a wealth of applications may well be "better" than a phone that exceeds the iPhone is terms of "customizability" but presents a significantly greater burden in terms of maintenance and a far more limited set of applications.

Is a Porsche better than a Land Rover? Yes to both the Autobahn AND offroad! Porsche Cayenne S AWD! OOOH YEAH!!! Come get some! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

ci2019

Reaction score
Thank the lord that Verizon didn't get iPhone or I would have been stuck with that. I thought I would like it at the time. Then along came Droid.

My thoughts are we're going to see a lot of new cool apps and games with the new flash support.