OP
D

Datkidpudge

Reaction score
bumppp. ne one have ne ideas on what i can do? =/
happens like every day or so

Misha

Reaction score
I have the same problem...I was originally using the stock messaging app and thought that maybe that was the problem but now I am using handcent and it is still happening...I read on another forum that

"jJust talked to verizon tier 2 tech support who had the same problem. He narrowed it down to the advanced task killer application. Delete the application and do a factory reset on the phone and it should take care of the problem. Hope it works for everyone."

but i don't know how reliable this information is and exactly how to do it....can anyone help or verify this??

GeLopez

Reaction score
im using stock and i dont have this issue, i have mine set to 200 msgs before they start deleting. what do you have yours set to?

m@tt

Reaction score
Can always dl SMS Backup just in case something happens and you lose your messages.

Misha

Reaction score
On the stock app I had the "delete old messages" option un marked so I had to manually delete messages...on the handcent app I can't find a auto delete option in the settings. Thanks for the advice on SMS Backup I actually am currently using this but it is still annoying to not have them on my phone when I know that the droid should not be having this problem.

OP
D

Datkidpudge

Reaction score
i dont even use adv. task killer. so it cant be accurate =/

Low Saturn

Reaction score
For what its worth, I still have every text message I've ever sent on my phone still. Even the very first one I sent to my brother on December 29th to test the phone the day I got it. And I've had Advanced Task Killer since a day or two after I received the phone.

rushmr2

Reaction score
I have had this happen to me before, but I downloaded SMS Backup and it hasn't happened to me since.

OP
D

Datkidpudge

Reaction score
Sameee have 2.1 and still has it

Anddd to the person who has sms backup.. how does that work?

DebDroid

Reaction score
This has happened to me with Handcent. Also Erases all your custom settings.

jnev

Reaction score
This has happened to me 3 times so far, and I've had the phone since January. luckily I have a daily backup done of my entire phone, so the most that I'll ever lose is a day's worth of texts, but it's still completely unacceptable. I'm running the stock messaging app and my phone is rooted running BB, though I've had the texts delete while it was stock and on another ROM as well.

agentdss

Reaction score
Are you using SMS Backup or something else? Can the backed up texts be restored to the Messenger app after the bug occurs?