Getting double messages on my Droid?

Droid101

Reaction score
I have a rooted droid 1 and with text messages I keep receiving 2 or 3 of the same exact message. It is not a certain carrier as the problem as it happens with everyones text messages. Anyone has an Idea on how to fix this issue?

xliderider

Reaction score
I had this problem on my X recently, it was due to a theme I was using. There was an extra file in the System folder, Mms.apk that was causing the duplicate messages. I used Root Explorer to rename the file to Mms.bak to solve the problem.

Don't know if your problem is due to a similar situation.

OP
Droid101

Droid101

Reaction score
I had this problem on my X recently, it was due to a theme I was using. There was an extra file in the System folder, Mms.apk that was causing the duplicate messages. I used Root Explorer to rename the file to Mms.bak to solve the problem.

I do have a theme on my phone I was able to find Mms..apk under system/app so I renamed it to Mms.apk. Is this the area in which you found Mms.apk on your Droid X?

Thanks for the help!

OP
Droid101

Droid101

Reaction score

I do have a theme on my phone I was able to find Mms..apk under system/app so I renamed it to Mms.apk. Is this the area in which you found Mms.apk on your Droid X?

Thanks for the help!

No luck with that it deleted my whole text messaging anyone with ideas?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have the stock, Handcent and Chomp installed?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like you, I have a rooted Droid. I've not had any issues with text messages. The only other thing I can suggest is to make sure you do not have the same contact in multiple times.

Have you had this issue since rooting or did it just start? If it just started did you make any changes a day or two before?

OP
Droid101

Droid101

Reaction score
Like you, I have a rooted Droid. I've not had any issues with text messages. The only other thing I can suggest is to make sure you do not have the same contact in multiple times.

Have you had this issue since rooting or did it just start? If it just started did you make any changes a day or two before?

It really just had started out of the blue I didn't change anything on my phone in a while. I installed a new theme a long time ago and this started a long time after that.