Trouble receiving group text messages

kasmith1017

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had this issue come up twice in probably the past month. I am on Verizon Wireless and have a Droid Bionic. Sometimes I have received a notification in the toolbar that has a red circle with an "X" in it. When I look at the message it says that a text message could not be received. In both instances where this has happened, it has been a text message my boss has sent to me and my co-worker within the same message. If I go into my text messaging inbox, I can see this message is marked as unread and I see the recipients. If I tap on the message to open it, there is a box that asks if I want to Download or Reject the text message. If I try to download it, it will fail. My only option is to reject it if I ever want to get it cleared out of there.

In both instances I have been in a location where I typically have good reception and do not have a problem receiving text messages. I have received other group messages on this same thread since we all typically just reply in this text message and click "Send to All." Since the first time this happened a couple of weeks ago, I have received other replies on this thread. Additionally it doesn't seem to be limited to either my boss or my co-worker as both of their replies have caused this to happen. I do not have either of them blocked with Verizon Wireless. Any idea why this is happening? My boss happens to be home sick today and I get the impression that she doesn't believe me when I say this is happening because I've been able to receive some other texts on this thread.

Thanks,
Kelly