Former Iphone Users

2amReply

Reaction score
Reception: My Droid's calls can be choppy and "windy" over half the time. Not so with iPhone 3G.

App Store: I enjoy buying apps from a central source like iTunes. But I like how I have the ability to download apps from 3rd parties in the future.

Customization: I can move my icons in the iPhone 3G. I can CHANGE my icons in the Droid without having to "hack" the software.

Features: Though I miss many of the iPhone's features/options/settings, I know the Android community can fulfill most of my "wants".

Last edited:

windstrings

Reaction score
Features: Though I miss many of the iPhone's features/options/settings, I know the Android community can fulfill most of my "wants".

check out handcent for your messenger.... it has iphone as one of the conversation styles.

bacalao

Reaction score
What's great about the Droid is even if there were as many Droids as iPhones on the street, any iPhone you pick up will be somewhat familiar, whereas the Droid can be customized on a level that it would be hard to find any two Droids that were closely alike. That makes it more personal.
Just like at the thread about peoples' desktops! Other Droids can feel alien to me.

Last edited:

johnflo88

Reaction score
Reception: My Droid's calls can be choppy and "windy" over half the time. Not so with iPhone 3G.

App Store: I enjoy buying apps from a central source like iTunes. But I like how I have the ability to download apps from 3rd parties in the future.

Customization: I can move my icons in the iPhone 3G. I can CHANGE my icons in the Droid without having to "hack" the software.

and your...............................................? still afraid to leave the nest, eh? Iphone 3yrs vs Droid 7 months. You be the judge.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

and your...............................................? still afraid to leave the nest, eh? Iphone 3yrs vs Droid 7 months. You be the judge.

lol Droid hasn't even been out for 3 months.

johnflo88

Reaction score
What's great about the Droid is even if there were as many Droids as iPhones on the street, any iPhone you pick up will be somewhat familiar, whereas the Droid can be customized on a level that it would be hard to find any two Droids that were closely alike. That makes it more personal.
Just like at the thread about peoples' desktops! Other Droids can feel alien to me.
agree,most of the people who owns iphone are people who owned computers,yet they don't complain it is complicated to use. The Driod is the same but if the Mac computer only does 1 app(function) at a time like the iphone they will be *****ing up their ying-yang.
It is just an excuse because the iphone doesn't have it.I even have a post on this forums to argue with me that apple don't see the need for multi-tasking and funtionality or capabalities.
It is redundant to argue with an iphone users. Now i know why apple refuse to change because apple knows those suckers are not ready yet.They are so dependant on simplistic functions on and off.
icon5.gif

2amReply

Reaction score
johnflo88, I'm happy I decided to sell my iPhone for the Droid. Is that what you're asking?

johnflo88

Reaction score
johnflo88, I'm happy I decided to sell my iPhone for the Droid. Is that what you're asking?
yes and I am glad you got the Droid.The rest what I said was a misunderstanding on my part and I like to apologise.
icon11.gif

BTW, how do you like the Droid?

2amReply

Reaction score
^ Its fricken AWESOME! The ability to customize the OS is probably my favorite feature. It took some getting used to, but the back, menu and home buttons are very valuable. I like having more than one "desktop" and the "Start" button where I can access all the applications.

johnflo88

Reaction score
^ Its fricken AWESOME! The ability to customize the OS is probably my favorite feature. It took some getting used to, but the back, menu and home buttons are very valuable. I like having more than one "desktop" and the "Start" button where I can access all the applications.
very good to hear,indeed, and cannot wait to get rid my 2Gs.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Wow, 14 pages so far. I've checked this thread several times as well as the ones from former Blackberry owners. ( which I am )
It seems as most of the people that have switched from either phone like the Droid better.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
ya same here. This thread has really helped me decide I want a Droid. I like this thread because it is real and not one sided. Most of the reply's have been from actual iphone users. Its not like its a bunch of droid guys that have never owned an iphone and just talking trash on apple. There is no better people to compare the two than the ones that have used both phones in everyday life. Thanks again for all the reply's. I cant wait to get my Droid on the 5th. :icon_ banana:

Last edited:

johnflo88

Reaction score
ya same here. This thread has really helped me decide I want a Droid. I like this thread because it is real and not one sided. Most of the reply's have been from actual iphone users. Its not like its a bunch of droid guys that have never owned an iphone and just talking trash on apple. There is no better people to compare the two than the ones that have used both phones in everyday life. Thanks again for all the reply's. I cant wait to get my Droid on the 5th. :icon_ banana:
You're very wise and know what you want.Here is a post a got it earlier and tell us what you think? :
a href="Red Key Solutions Technology Blog: Droid vs iPhone - Droid wins!" target="_blank">Red Key Solutions Technology Blog: Droid vs iPhone - Droid wins!</a

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Thanks for that article. How can you read that and still be doubtful of getting the droid. Its funny because when I first found droidforums.net I was going back and forth trying to decide if I wanted a droid. I have a itouch and love it so I was hoping that verizon would get an iphone. Since then I could care less if the iphone comes or not. By the way Im not bashing the iphone but I could care less about being able to surf the web while I am on the phone. If Im doing that while I am talking to someone I must be really board talking to them and need to get off the phone and quit wasting minutes.lol Also how many times do you need to book a reservation while talking to someone.

Last edited: