iphone or droid

isaiah1210

Reaction score
Some people be acting like crackheads when a new iPhone comes out. Lol
For one iPhones runs on 4g and below, android runs on 4glte it's way faster
Android alows much more personalization, iPhones set everything up for you and u can't change much.
Androids allows you to change the coding format on your phone, iPhone doesn't. Basically guy iPhoneo only is big because it's an Apple Inc product, they know great marketing. its like a designer phone that everyone wants for the name. Trust me I have an Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and my mom has the iPhone 4S I compare em all the time and the android is waaaaaaaaaaay better!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using DroidForums

OP
M

majikapple

And this is another question I ask myself when thinking of switching... How can one phone (iPhone) outsell I don't know how may android phone models combined. How is that possible if android is so popular? Is it really just because of us "fanboys" that are caught up in this "apple" image???? I just read a report of how many iPhones were activated compared to all android phones activated orver the christmas weekend... Wow. There has to be more to this other than "fans". GOOGLE is huge!! whats going on?

OP
M

majikapple

Some people be acting like crackheads when a new iPhone comes out. Lol
For one iPhones runs on 4g and below, android runs on 4glte it's way faster
Android alows much more personalization, iPhones set everything up for you and u can't change much.
Androids allows you to change the coding format on your phone, iPhone doesn't. Basically guy iPhoneo only is big because it's an Apple Inc product, they know great marketing. its like a designer phone that everyone wants for the name. Trust me I have an Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and my mom has the iPhone 4S I compare em all the time and the android is waaaaaaaaaaay better!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using DroidForums

Galaxy S II... Is that the phone on the commercial with android mocking the iPhone users in line??? That commercial makes me crazy!! haha

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To me, the iPhone is for people that want a nice simple phone that just works. And that are able to pay up the arse to use. ITunes gets very expensive and prices are likely only going to raise. But I could be wrong. To mention, it's Apple. So insurance and deductibles on the phone are also a lot more expensive. It is a good phone, but like it or not, you're paying for a brand. And Apple is usually always more expensive.

I love Android due to how open it is compared to the iPhone. Out of the box you can do more than a jail broken iPhone. And to me, jail breaking still isn't that much of an improvement over stock. iNav was the only real theme I ever liked on it and that was because it was the closest to the android experience. Most iPhones are just all the same, which is extremely boring. There's no variety which is no fun. If you look at two different android phones that aren't even rooted or from people that aren't even that into all the customization stuff, you're likely to to see a complete different set up because everyone's tastes different. IPhone doesn't have that.

Not to mention Apple hates people that jailbreak.

Android has much better customization, variety of phones to fit a persons needs, faster speeds(4g), bigger screens yet still able to fit comfortably in your hand, and so on. The Samsung commercials mention this. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
Trust me I have an Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and my mom has the iPhone 4S I compare em all the time and the android is waaaaaaaaaaay better!!!

So, why is it waaaaaaaaaaay better? Give us some specifics!

stead2120

Reaction score
And this is another question I ask myself when thinking of switching... How can one phone (iPhone) outsell I don't know how may android phone models combined. How is that possible if android is so popular? Is it really just because of us "fanboys" that are caught up in this "apple" image???? I just read a report of how many iPhones were activated compared to all android phones activated orver the christmas weekend... Wow. There has to be more to this other than "fans". GOOGLE is huge!! whats going on?

People get caught up in Fragmentation, this is just another excuse at Apple / Windows Fanboys throwing out a new Hot word, because "Fragmentation" to me is about having plenty of choices. There are many different levels of phones to choose from and Google knows this. I can understand fragmentation being an issue if all Google phones were not being upgraded. This is about the consumer doing a little bit of research, seeing what they like, and making a good choice based on there needs /wants, instead of a company force feeding you what they deem is right. But with anything in life, you can't make everyone happy.

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score

Android as an operating system is more popular...22% to 48% difference.

Samsung is the #1 seller of phones in the US. Apple is 4th.

The only people that buy iPhones are people that don't care about phones (meaning just want a browser, a phone button, and email, and a lot of useless apps) and people who think apple was sent to us by god.

There's a reason apple is suing every company out there and their mother. They're falling behind, they feel threatened.

Google is huge, and yet apples earnings last quarter were three times higher than Google's. Why? Because Google offers plenty of services for free. While apple will charge you if you decide to ever leave them and put the songs you purchased from them to another non apple product.

I couldn't give my money to apple.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android as an operating system is more popular...22% to 48% difference.

Samsung is the #1 seller of phones in the US. Apple is 4th.

The only people that buy iPhones are people that don't care about phones (meaning just want a browser, a phone button, and email, and a lot of useless apps) and people who think apple was sent to us by god.

There's a reason apple is suing every company out there and their mother. They're falling behind, they feel threatened.

Google is huge, and yet apples earnings last quarter were three times higher than Google's. Why? Because Google offers plenty of services for free. While apple will charge you if you decide to ever leave them and put the songs you purchased from them to another non apple product.

Apple to me is the reason douchebags in this country exist. Makes people so close minded to any other products its pathetic. Its like apple has some sort of a spell on some people.

I couldn't give my money to apple.
Minus calling people douchebags, though I kind of have to agree with that too.. I just tend to like to be less harsh, I agree with this completely.

jpin321

Reaction score
Minus calling people douchebags, though I kind of have to agree with that too.. I just tend to like to be less harsh, I agree with this completely.

+1

I dislike apple as a company more than i dislike the product.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JuniorJays

Reaction score
Since your asking for reasons android is better ill name some for you.

1. A choice in devices, you can make a choice between sliding keyboard or touch screen. Different screen sizes, build materials and designs.

2. Widgets. Apple fanboys always try and tell you how pointless these things are. There really useful and can spice up your homescreen. It also saves time not having to open upp the app.

3. Google navigation. As mentioned before this is great on Android and free. Most people think its on par with a stand alone how unit.

4. Customization you can change anything from the wallpaper to the CPU clock speed that's how custimazable it is. The development community is amazing.

These are just some of the top reasons to chose Android for me. I hope I helped. If you have any questions just ask.

anwarlucas

Reaction score
My personal opinion on why it is better, and I've owned an iphone 3gs when it was released..

Android has tons of personal customizable features, such as your "live wallpapers", widgets;the weather widget alone makes this a winner.

Seamless integration of all aspects of the phone, for instance, you text jane smith"im coming over!" Click her contact icon in the sms, a list pops open for every piece of saved info for this person, such as address, click on it and launches navigation! Voice guided, turn by turn, accurate (imo), free gps..

VPN! Ad-hoc! Interchangeable battery! Numerous built in security features; ICS4.0.X FACIAL recognition, voice input/command; I can talk my texts instead of typing, built in email client;Gmail (the best email service imo) the "Labels" feature alone can win alone.

This is the most important thing for a desktop computer, and only androids have it, adobe flash player/viewer for web browsers. Imagine being able to finally use your iphone as a "desktop" computer.. even tho that time is soon nearing, android has had this feature so long we completely forget its even there;its just that common of a web app..

Webtop!... you cannot rate or judge a phone on apps tho, because its something that can be added or removed and built for, not by google (gmail, navigator excluded)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dave315

Reaction score
My previous phone was a Palm Pre. My wife's current phone is an iPhone4. I gave up on Palm despite its ability to truly multitask when I realized I cared more about the Palm Pre than Hewlett-Packard did.

The iPhone4 isn't a bad phone. I certainly am not going to trash it -- but when I needed to upgrade recently, I did my homework and decided on the Razr over the 4S. Here's why:

1) People used to 3G do not realize how much faster 4G actually is. Downloading albums or apps on the iPhone seems interminably slow, whereas on the Razr (and other 4G phones) the download speed is positively amazing.

2) The larger screen is nice. An iPhone screen is 3.5 inches diagonally. The Razr screen is 4.3 inches. Does .8 inches really make a difference? It doesn't sound like much when you put it that way. When you say it is 23% larger, it puts the size difference in perspective. And when you directly compare the screen size of the two, the difference is definitely noticeable.

Some argue that the quality of the screens is different -- and while the iPhone is probably slightly nicer, I honestly can't see much difference. In fact, I watch YouTube and movies on the Razr and have no problem whatsoever with it.

3) I actually like the idea of a microSD card that can hold data. My Palm Treo (which truly dates me) had an SD card, and it made the phone much more functional. The same is true of the microSD cards that allow you to easily increase the size of the device's storage.

4) I am a professional (a lawyer, to be precise). I want to use my phone to make me more productive in my job. Though it is too soon to tell definitely, for now the business related software that I use on my Razr (including Smart Actions which means i don't have to remember to turn my phone to silent mode when I am in court). While the Apple Market has more apps (at present) I suspect that ultimately the markets will be of similar size -- and the apps I like and need are available in the Android Market.

My suggestion: if you really are serious about exploring Android, try some devices (not only the Razr but the Nexus and maybe even the Rezound) and give it a fair shot. I suspect you will not be disappointed.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My previous phone was a Palm Pre. My wife's current phone is an iPhone4. I gave up on Palm despite its ability to truly multitask when I realized I cared more about the Palm Pre than Hewlett-Packard did.

The iPhone4 isn't a bad phone. I certainly am not going to trash it -- but when I needed to upgrade recently, I did my homework and decided on the Razr over the 4S. Here's why:

1) People used to 3G do not realize how much faster 4G actually is. Downloading albums or apps on the iPhone seems interminably slow, whereas on the Razr (and other 4G phones) the download speed is positively amazing.

2) The larger screen is nice. An iPhone screen is 3.5 inches diagonally. The Razr screen is 4.3 inches. Does .8 inches really make a difference? It doesn't sound like much when you put it that way. When you say it is 23% larger, it puts the size difference in perspective. And when you directly compare the screen size of the two, the difference is definitely noticeable.

Some argue that the quality of the screens is different -- and while the iPhone is probably slightly nicer, I honestly can't see much difference. In fact, I watch YouTube and movies on the Razr and have no problem whatsoever with it.

3) I actually like the idea of a microSD card that can hold data. My Palm Treo (which truly dates me) had an SD card, and it made the phone much more functional. The same is true of the microSD cards that allow you to easily increase the size of the device's storage.

4) I am a professional (a lawyer, to be precise). I want to use my phone to make me more productive in my job. Though it is too soon to tell definitely, for now the business related software that I use on my Razr (including Smart Actions which means i don't have to remember to turn my phone to silent mode when I am in court). While the Apple Market has more apps (at present) I suspect that ultimately the markets will be of similar size -- and the apps I like and need are available in the Android Market.

My suggestion: if you really are serious about exploring Android, try some devices (not only the Razr but the Nexus and maybe even the Rezound) and give it a fair shot. I suspect you will not be disappointed.
Awesome points! I agree completely.

Coming from the Droid and Droid 3, I didn't think having 4G was that big of a deal. I rushed on the Droid 3 because I was like, "Yes, 4G is definitely nice, but not a necessity(still probably isn't one).". Take in mind, we didn't have 4G until November 15th and I bought the Droid 3 on the release date in July(14th). I thought 3G was just fine, no need for 4G..

Now I have the Galaxy Nexus and wow, it blew me away. Downloading apps or anything off the web is crazy fast. When 4G was out for a bit, 3G felt so slow. I felt like I was in prehistoric times haha. :p Downloading ROMs on my computer takes like 30-40minutes, while on my phone, around 3-5, if that.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Since your asking for reasons android is better ill name some for you.

1. A choice in devices, you can make a choice between sliding keyboard or touch screen. Different screen sizes, build materials and designs.

2. Widgets. Apple fanboys always try and tell you how pointless these things are. There really useful and can spice up your homescreen. It also saves time not having to open upp the app.

3. Google navigation. As mentioned before this is great on Android and free. Most people think its on par with a stand alone how unit.

4. Customization you can change anything from the wallpaper to the CPU clock speed that's how custimazable it is. The development community is amazing.

These are just some of the top reasons to chose Android for me. I hope I helped. If you have any questions just ask.

Couldn't point out any better reasons than this, completely agree with all the above. I personally think Google Navigation is better than my standalone Garmin, it tells me "in x miles turn right/left onto (street name)", my garmin doesn't do that and it's extremely helpful in unfamiliar areas.

I live in a house with 3 other iphones. It seems everytime one of my family members picks up my phone they think it's a different phone because I change my homescreens quite often and always get a comment such as "wow it's like you got a new phone huh?". Widgets and customization means these phones never really get dull, to me at least. We're not just limited to rearranging app icons, we can go from a page full of apps to one that's full of widgets, it's really nice.

The best advice I can give you is to check out the phones for yourself. We can give you all the information and reasons as to why we prefer Android over iOS, but the hands-on time is what makes the experience. You'll run into some "speed bumps" when you first interact with it, but if you're willing to learn (which it sounds like you are), then it'll be fun for you. I've owned an OG Droid, an Incredible, and now my Nexus and every phone brought a different experience for me (say that about the jump between iPhones:p). iOS is solid and it just works, which I like, but it feels so limited to me. There are going to be some things your iphone does better or that you're used to, but each phone can perform the same tasks, some tasks better than others. I personally like being free from Apple's shackles and running with Android as my preferred OS.