iphone or droid

M

majikapple

Hello everyone. Im new to this so go easy on me. Let me get this out right away... I am an iPhone user!! But i love technology and I want to know why so many people love the android system. Ive been a die hard apple fan from the start. Even suffering thru the AT&T days until vow picked it up. Now, Ive sworn by Apple and constantly find myself in discussions with friends and others over whats best "Apple or Android". Obviously I have my own reasons and will admit Ive been a Droid "hater" for a while but find myself wanting to know whats so great about droid. I will admit, I don't like being under Apples rules and have jailbroken all devices but still stand by the basic form of Apple. So tell me, hopefully with facts, what makes Android better than iOS??

alboboy10

Reaction score
Try it yourself and judge it on your own. I'd go with the nexus if I was you. Its the best transition for an iPhone user. Otherwise there's no point in telling you advantages

stead2120

Reaction score
I still have my O.G. Droid (Rooted), but I plan on updating to the Nexus, but to me, I pondered about getting an Iphone for along time. I was really close to getting a 4S but I didn't make the move because of four things that stuck out to me that you can't get on Iphone.

1. Google Maps, Navigation, Places Seamless Integration
2. Amazon App Store
3. Developer / Mod Support
4. Big Ass Screen (I like Alot) / Hardware

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
How about no 4G for Apple? A jailbroken iPhone is like an Android device right out of the box. In order to not use ITunes, you have to jailbreak. With Android, you don't need a computer.

I have an ipod touch that I preordered before it came out. The hardware is good but I hate iOS.

X

stead2120

Reaction score
How about no 4G for Apple? A jailbroken iPhone is like an Android device right out of the box. In order to not use ITunes, you have to jailbreak. With Android, you don't need a computer.

I have an ipod touch that I preordered before it came out. The hardware is good but I hate iOS.

X

Yeah Definitely forgot about that, but to be honest I'm fine with 3G, but I know Verizon 4G is fast than most peoples home broadband. Speed is definitely essential.

dwg3333

Reaction score
I still have my O.G. Droid (Rooted), but I plan on updating to the Nexus, but to me, I pondered about getting an Iphone for along time. I was really close to getting a 4S but I didn't make the move because of four things that stuck out to me that you can't get on Iphone.

1. Google Maps, Navigation, Places Seamless Integration
2. Amazon App Store
3. Developer / Mod Support
4. Big Ass Screen (I like Alot) / Hardware

Completely agree with the reasons. I have had 3 Droid phones and most recently thought about giving the iPhone a try, then the Galaxy Nexus with ICS came out. I am very happy that I stayed with Android. I would also recommend going straight to an ICS phone from iPhone. But you should make your decision based on your own testing of the phone yourself. There is a return policy so use it. You already know the iPhone so test the Android out and if your not happy go back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
M

majikapple

X

All good points. However, there is no need to sync it to the computer anymore. Also, Im an hour+ away from 4G service.

OP
M

majikapple

Completely agree with the reasons. I have had 3 Droid phones and most recently thought about giving the iPhone a try, then the Galaxy Nexus with ICS came out. I am very happy that I stayed with Android. I would also recommend going straight to an ICS phone from iPhone. But you should make your decision based on your own testing of the phone yourself. There is a return policy so use it. You already know the iPhone so test the Android out and if your not happy go back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I did give droid a try, a couple of times... On Droid Pro release (total fail), I couldn't get with the battery drain. That seems to be a huge complaint among all my friends that have droid. Another issue I hear a lot about is lag. With my iPhone, i experience no lag at all. Oh, and one last thing, what about the security issue. Ive heard android is the most vulnerable to attack. ???

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
My spidey sense is tingling ....

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's a stupid Apple rumor about Android security. Just like the fact that Mac's can't get viruses.

And the Droid Pro was a fail. I don't know why anybody would buy it. I am not your typical Apple basher, but I don't like the false information.

X

stead2120

Reaction score
I did give droid a try, a couple of times... On Droid Pro release (total fail), I couldn't get with the battery drain. That seems to be a huge complaint among all my friends that have droid. Another issue I hear a lot about is lag. With my iPhone, i experience no lag at all. Oh, and one last thing, what about the security issue. Ive heard android is the most vulnerable to attack. ???

Yeah, huge mistake, to be honest, stay away from Motorola devices in general, or anything with Global in it, they are the devil. Through my time with the Droid, if I wanted too, I could have this phone for another 3 years and be fine with it, that's how much of an impact the modding community had on it. If you go with a Android Phone, to completely get the most out of it, make sure your phone has the developer modding community, it is essential. I've been hearing a lot of buzz on the forum about the HTC Rezound as well, but since it doesn't have ICS on it, and the community support isn't there, go with the Nexus.

OP
M

majikapple

That's a stupid Apple rumor about Android security. Just like the fact that Mac's can't get viruses.

And the Droid Pro was a fail. I don't know why anybody would buy it. I am not your typical Apple basher, but I don't like the false information.

X

Not saying the information was true. Thats why Im here, to get both sides. I gave up on the possibility of android after the Pro. But i think there are some cool android phones out there now so if someone here can help to change my mind on apple.... awesome.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
All good points. However, there is no need to sync it to the computer anymore. Also, Im an hour+ away from 4G service.

To use anything other than iTunes, you either need to jailbreak or use a computer. I had my touch jailbroken so I could download free music without using a computer.

I will admit, Apple has some of the best screens. I am jealous of that.

X

alboboy10

Reaction score
The nexus browsing experience is in a different level that apple can't touch. 4g which even though you don't have, is a plus, huge screen super amoled 720p and yes it is better than retina display, open source meaning you can put whatever you want on it, also you have something different. Not to mention your phone isn't entirely made of glass.

stead2120

Reaction score
To use anything other than iTunes, you either need to jailbreak or use a computer. I had my touch jailbroken so I could download free music without using a computer.

I will admit, Apple has some of the best screens. I am jealous of that.

X

Get an Ipad and have the best of both worlds.