Incredible 1 upgrade question

nanllyn

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't see this so hope I'm not repeating this. I have the original Incredible 1. It has been an awesome phone but now it is not charging right and the battery is getting extremely hot. Also I have a lot of dropped calls but I also live in a concrete block home.
I am considering upgrading to the Dinc 2 but is it really that much of an upgrade to pay $200? Then there is the Droid Charge to consider. I like the HTC UI but would consider trying another.
Also I'm not sure if I really need 4G. I am worried about the pricing of the 4G plans and if my phone will be able to connect. (So why pay for service if I can't get it). We have 4G in my area but even my Dinc 1 goes to 1X a lot of the time in my home.
So the reason for upgrade would be screen size would love 4.3 but would got for 4". Maybe a little faster but that isn't a huge issue for me but maybe I would like streaming videos. Better reception is the main reason for upgrading. Not sure if the new technology gets better signals and therefore I may get a little better reception.
Any suggestions as to which one to consider? Also would consider the Thunderbolt.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Nancy

matt2783

Reaction score
4G LTE has better building penetration, so you should get better reception with LTE as opposed to 3G. Personally, I'd get the TB. I pefer sense over touchwiz and it has more RAM. It does have pretty dismal battery life though, so you may want to consider that.

Detonation

Reaction score
I'd contact Verizon about getting a warranty replacement first. Might as well try a replacement before you go and spend the money.