Should I upgrade now and Keep the NE2???

antonyz409

Reaction score
Can someone plz explain what the ne2 program is. Do I get to upgrade without signing a new 2yr contract or what?

OP
A

altimax98

Reaction score
If I buy a secondhand droid one though I'd have to pay $30 a month for the data package right...she can't even text lol......I'm getting her the cheapest phone I can...just sux that I have to use a new line and not get a good phone out of it...that's why I figured I'd get a thunderbolt for the wife to replace her incredible but like u said if I add the line buy getting a smartphone ill ha e to pay for a data package...or will they let me put that phone on my wifes number and activate a basic phone on the new number.....I doubt it.....

Not if your wife currently has a data package... Now you can go to verizon and say that your wifes is having issues and then see if they will trade the upgrade for your wife from her mom.. They do that sometimes

Sent from one of those missing Droids

OP
A

altimax98

Reaction score
Can someone plz explain what the ne2 program is. Do I get to upgrade without signing a new 2yr contract or what?

Ne2 is a discount verizon gives (gave) you for fulfilling 20 months of your contract... They gave you up to 100 discount off signing a new contract.
The primary line on every plan is also eligible for upgrade after one year. But they are getting rid of that too

pyro6128

Reaction score
Buy a phone on craigslist, sell or trade in your old one. Bang, new phone, cheap price, and you don't burn your upgrade. Just did that last week and couldn't be happier.

antonyz409

Reaction score

Ne2 is a discount verizon gives (gave) you for fulfilling 20 months of your contract... They gave you up to 100 discount off signing a new contract.
The primary line on every plan is also eligible for upgrade after one year. But they are getting rid of that too

Ok so my primary line has had a an upgrade available for 3 months and I get a ne2 in march 6. Can I use my upgrade now for a droid x, and then my ne2 for a bionic when they come out?

Wadman

Reaction score
I actually just upgraded to the X from my OG Droid. I have to say: this phone rocks. It does everything I could every ask. It's fast, a lot less laggy than my OG Droid. The screen is HUGE and the resolution on video is amazing. I wanted to use my upgrade before the 16th so I would get the annual upgrade next year. I talked to 3 different reps and they all said that this would be the best option being that 4G will be more prominent in 2012 and the devices that will come out by years end will be amazing. The DX can definitely last me a year. I know, I know....the Bionic looks like an amazing phone, but in all honestly.....It really doesn't do much more for me than the DX does. SOOOOO glad I upgraded...Love my X.........