Off Contract Upgrade Advice??!?!?

logah1010

Reaction score
So as of lateI've become incredibly impatient with my Droid 2. Running Liquid 3.0 is nice and all but relying on moto kernals for roms is really annoying not to mention how it became extinct within 6 months of its release. Sadly I am not eligible for an upgrade until October 2012. I am considering buying an off-contract phone off Swappa to get me by a year. The price limit i am trying to set is around 320 bucks. So far the choices I've come up with are.

HTC Thunderbolt

Droid Incredible 2

Droid 3

I really want to know the pros and cons of these phones. And not just specs. I wanna know which ones will have the best custom roms, custom kernals, and be the first to be compatible with cm9 (based on ICS) whenever that is released. Also if im on an unlimited data plan and activate a 4g phone will i be "grandfathered" into 4g lte? If so is there a 4g fee? I know that the droid 3 has a better processor but from a software standpoint I'm not sure which to choose.Which phone would give me the smoothest android romming experience and be able to keep up to date for the next year? Would overclocking the TB or Inc2 give them similiar performance to the dual cores of the D3. Or should i suck it up and go Moto again?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Best is always subjective and it's no different with ROM's and kernels. You need to sort out what's best for you. No one can tell you.

As for grandfathering -- yes, you will be. It has been discussed in countless prior threads. As for the 4G fee -- check Verizon's site.