Im the luckiest dude in the world!! OR AM I??

rsarno

Reaction score
Ordered phone yesterday, via 611 telesales. They gave me a 7/15 ship date. That sucked ...

But today i got this email:
Thank you for placing your order with Verizon Wireless. We wanted you to know that your Verizon Wireless order was shipped.

It had a tracking number which i just checked, i should have my phones (i ordered 2) on Monday!

so i came on here just now to say "YAHOOOOO!!!!"

But then saw that now the dInc is discontinued?? I just wont buy a discontinued phone and be stuck with it for 2 years, so i guess i have 30 days to prove/disprove that rumor.

Half of the reason i pick a device is based on the developer support. Which there will be none if the phone dies before even hitting the ground.

CRAP! I really suck. I swear i must have been a war criminal in a past life or something :(

Last edited:
OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
Question, DO i have 30 days?

I bought a moto droid, and im using my 30 day exchange to get the dInc.

I know i can only do 1 exchange in that period, but i can return it outright can i not?

:nervous:

zMd113

Reaction score
It's just a rumor, but the DI is really Incredible anyway. You'll be fine.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not trying to put down the Incredible but the Droid X is coming out in ~ 1 month.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
I'm not trying to put down the Incredible but the Droid X is coming out in ~ 1 month.

I know, i waited for the specs on that before i ordered the dInc.

The X is not for me, as my wife and I like to have the same phone, and tbh its slightly too large for us. We are very comfy with the standard size of the dInc.

ClennzDroid

Reaction score
Um my Dinc should come in 3 weeks but could I return it for the droid X when it comes out?

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score

I know i can only do 1 exchange in that period, but i can return it outright can i not?

:nervous:

Can anyone confirm my options with the above?

nerdbox08

Reaction score

I know i can only do 1 exchange in that period,

Can anyone confirm my options with the above?

You get one return in that thirty day period.

xjman349

Reaction score
Yes you will be able to return/exchange within the first 30 days. There will be a 35 dollar restocking fee so be aware of that.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
So of for some reason I'm not happy, I can't even return??

The signal issue scares me. Right now I'm at home with 2 bars on my moto Droid. At MT wife's job she gets 0-1 bar on moto Droid

If the since is much worse the phones will constantly be looking for service, if they even work

Now I'm scared

nerdbox08

Reaction score
So of for some reason I'm not happy, I can't even return??

The signal issue scares me. Right now I'm at home with 2 bars on my moto Droid. At MT wife's job she gets 0-1 bar on moto Droid

If the since is much worse the phones will constantly be looking for service, if they even work

Now I'm scared

If you already used an exchange from the droid to the inc, I am pretty sure that's all you get.

=\

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Yes you will be able to return/exchange within the first 30 days. There will be a 35 dollar restocking fee so be aware of that.

Some people have reported no $35 restocking fee if its their first exchange.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
The restock fee doesnt bother me, and im not talking about an exchange (which yes, i did use)

Im asking, if i am totally unhappy for whatever reason ... do i have any options? Or am i absolutely stuck with this model.

If thats the case, i guess id have to chargeback my CC and cancel my vzw account. That seems pretty shady that i pay so much money for something and cannot return it within 1 month if im not happy. Regardless if i did an exchange or not.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The restock fee doesnt bother me, and im not talking about an exchange (which yes, i did use)

Im asking, if i am totally unhappy for whatever reason ... do i have any options? Or am i absolutely stuck with this model.

If thats the case, i guess id have to chargeback my CC and cancel my vzw account. That seems pretty shady that i pay so much money for something and cannot return it within 1 month if im not happy. Regardless if i did an exchange or not.
If you're truly displeased with your device, and you're polite to VZW customer service, there's always the possibility they'll work with you.

VZW customer service is generally very helpful with their customers.