Like they say; When something seems to good to be true ...

rsarno

Reaction score
So last Wednesday i broke down and decided to join the waiting game and place an order to upgrade both my lines (currently with moto droids) with dInc's. I got an estimated ship date of 7/16

2 days later, i was shocked to see an email from VZW saying my order shipped and id have it today 6/22

So today i was like a baby in a candy store! Took off early from work, waited by the front door, had the packaging all set for my 2 MotoDroids (they are both within 30 days)

FINALLY! The Fedex guy walks to my door. I snatch it from him, sign the hell out of whatever he wanted me to sign (hopefully i didn't sign my house over!) and ran inside.

Sliced open the box, and my heart stopped, jaw dropped, and hands froze .... it was a Moto Droid!! a SINGLE moto droid! "WHAT?? The wrong phone, and the wrong quantity??"

Wiped the tears from my eyes and dialed 611 ...

She says how the last rep entered the wrong code and sent me a replacement for one of my lines. The dInc's were never ordered.

Further, i cannot order them right now because the system says "Too many devices pending" So now i have to ship this back, or bring to a store to have entered in immediately so its back ni the system and i can order the correct phone.

She said current ship date this second is 7/20 ... WTH???

Now after this entire mixup, combined with rumors of discontinue (i know, we all think they arent true), the X being released, possibly other phones on VZW ...

Im starting to think if i even want the damn thing anymore?? Well, deep down i know the dInc will not be discontinued right now, and the X is really too big for me, but id like to at least mentally protest this damn phone. I guess ill order it later in the week

I am so heartbroken right now, seriously.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Tried to like the Incredible after coming from my rooted Droid and returned it with in a week... Battery life was bad and so was call quality compaired to my Droid's.

I will be getting the X on launch day!!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
that is such a letdown - i dont think the inc's are worth the (month) wait

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The messed up part is that for a regular size slate running Android on Verizon, the Inc. is the only option. Motorola should have made the X a regular size phone.

Maybe they wanted to play nice and not compete directly with the Inc., which is good. There's enought pie for everyone. But sometimes, business is business....

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The messed up part is that for a regular size slate running Android on Verizon, the Inc. is the only option. Motorola should have made the X a regular size phone.

Maybe they wanted to play nice and not compete directly with the Inc., which is good. There's enought pie for everyone. But sometimes, business is business....
I'm not getting the X but I think Moto is on point by rolling out this tank. It will be an impressive device in person.

Motos got the Bradley Fighting Vehicles with the Droid and soon to come Droid 2 and Droid Pro. They need a Abrahms Tank somewhere in there.

Bring on the X

Sent from my Droid