I have a HUGE problem with Seidio!!!

dolpns13

Reaction score
in terms of battery life.. I came from the Dare (biggest POS LG ever made) to the Droid.. My Dare battery life would last about 3 days before I had to recharge it, with the Droid, I have to charge it at least once a day otherwise it will die.. Is this typical? No problem if so, I assume with all the apps and whatnot, battery life wouldnt be as good as it was with my Dare.

I went from the dare to the storm to the storm 2 to the Moto Droid to the HTC Droid Incredible. What you are experiencing with the droid and stock battery is about normal. I recommend an extra battery or an extended battery. There are options out there for extended battery's, I actually recomend the 2800 mah battery that seidio makes. I just dont recommend buying from seidio. You can find their products on amazon for less than you would pay for them straight from seidio plus you dont have to deal with their customer service. BTW I agree the Dare was a HUGE POS!!!

Is the extended battery bigger than the one they have now. I know most extended batteries are and will stick off the back of the phone a little bit. I have a hard leather case for my roid and if that is the case I wont be able to get an extended battery.. Do you know how much they cost too?

I had my Dare for a little over a year and brought it back three times for the same issues.. numerous issues.. the last time I brought it back they said it was out of warranty and I could not get the free upgrade.. they did allow me to get an early upgrade on my contact which was when I got the Droid.. I wanted to burn that phone!

dolpns13

Reaction score
I ordered a new front piece 4 weeks ago and haven't heard a single thing from them since! It's obvious the front piece is no good as I've been through two and they break the same way each time. I know it costs you $0.10 to have a front piece made so I can't see why it's so difficult to replace a broken one. If it's broken, fix it. I have a broken one, now why can't you fix it by sending a replacement? I have sent followup e-mails/ PM's with no reply. SeidioSeidio has clearly been online since then so I'm sure he has gotten my message(s). The entire reason I ordered one is because of the thread anticipating the release date and how they had such "great" customer service. As of now, I completely disagree. Broken product + no help = don't buy!

I have never heard of this company and certainly would have used them for some product or another when the time came... Thankk god for this thread.. I know now to stay as far away from them as possible!

OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
in terms of battery life.. I came from the Dare (biggest POS LG ever made) to the Droid.. My Dare battery life would last about 3 days before I had to recharge it, with the Droid, I have to charge it at least once a day otherwise it will die.. Is this typical? No problem if so, I assume with all the apps and whatnot, battery life wouldnt be as good as it was with my Dare.

I went from the dare to the storm to the storm 2 to the Moto Droid to the HTC Droid Incredible. What you are experiencing with the droid and stock battery is about normal. I recommend an extra battery or an extended battery. There are options out there for extended battery's, I actually recomend the 2800 mah battery that seidio makes. I just dont recommend buying from seidio. You can find their products on amazon for less than you would pay for them straight from seidio plus you dont have to deal with their customer service. BTW I agree the Dare was a HUGE POS!!!

Is the extended battery bigger than the one they have now. I know most extended batteries are and will stick off the back of the phone a little bit. I have a hard leather case for my roid and if that is the case I wont be able to get an extended battery.. Do you know how much they cost too?

I had my Dare for a little over a year and brought it back three times for the same issues.. numerous issues.. the last time I brought it back they said it was out of warranty and I could not get the free upgrade.. they did allow me to get an early upgrade on my contact which was when I got the Droid.. I wanted to burn that phone!

it is considerably larger so scratch that idea and from seidio they cost almost 70 bucks. As I have stated I wouldnt order from them though.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of this company and certainly would have used them for some product or another when the time came... Thankk god for this thread.. I know now to stay as far away from them as possible!

Worth noting that many, many people have had very good experiences with Seidio products and customer service. In fact, if you check the "Accessories" board on this site you'll find extensive threads devoted to some of their products. Relying exclusively on a complaint thread is no more valid than relying exclusively on a firm's advertising as a guide to quality.

Personally, I've purchased a number of Seidio products over the years for various phones. And I've had both positive and negative experiences. What I can say, however, is that every time I've had a problem, Seidio has resolved it. Sometimes it was something of a pita, but the problem was always resolved to my satisfaction.

jarby

Reaction score
It's called ezeStand for the Droid. Best docking station I've seen out there so far. It's on Amazon....been considering buying it and it's not expensive at all. Watch the video on their site if you need confirmation.

Been looking for a better battery too.......looks like I'm gonna be staying far away from Seido.

And been a fan Otterbox for my Droid. dancedroid Best case out there IMHO. Depending on your needs of course.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
So your primary complaint, aside from the hassle of dealing with returning defective items, is that you had to pay shipping to return items twice?

Let's play Devil's Advocate here...

You lost your original battery, not seidio's fault. They offered to let you purchase a new one to use in the interim. That is good customer service.

There was a misunderstanding on what was going to happen with the replacement. You thought they were going to refund you when they got your defective one back, they thought you were going to send the defective replacement back for refund. I can see why they couldn't do it your way. That part sucks but it happens and it makes sense to me from their perspective to handle RMAs completely independently of any sales transactions.

They didn't charge you shipping on the new battery that they were essentially loaning to you (given the agreement). Again, that's good customer service above the norm.

So they didn't offer to pay for you to ship the items back to them. I wouldn't call that bad customer service. I don't know of many companies who pay for return shipping as a standard practice. Maybe since the items were defective they could have offered to pay shipping on the initial return but the second battery is really on you. They did you a favor by shipping it to you free and agreeing to refund when the other comes back.

I wouldn't call it stellar service but I certainly wouldn't call it horrible customer service. 'Good' would be my assessment.

dolpns13

Reaction score

it is considerably larger so scratch that idea and from seidio they cost almost 70 bucks. As I have stated I wouldnt order from them though.

Thanks... Guess theres my answer

OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
So your primary complaint, aside from the hassle of dealing with returning defective items, is that you had to pay shipping to return items twice?

Let's play Devil's Advocate here...

You lost your original battery, not seidio's fault. They offered to let you purchase a new one to use in the interim. That is good customer service.

There was a misunderstanding on what was going to happen with the replacement. You thought they were going to refund you when they got your defective one back, they thought you were going to send the defective replacement back for refund. I can see why they couldn't do it your way. That part sucks but it happens and it makes sense to me from their perspective to handle RMAs completely independently of any sales transactions.

They didn't charge you shipping on the new battery that they were essentially loaning to you (given the agreement). Again, that's good customer service above the norm.

So they didn't offer to pay for you to ship the items back to them. I wouldn't call that bad customer service. I don't know of many companies who pay for return shipping as a standard practice. Maybe since the items were defective they could have offered to pay shipping on the initial return but the second battery is really on you. They did you a favor by shipping it to you free and agreeing to refund when the other comes back.

I wouldn't call it stellar service but I certainly wouldn't call it horrible customer service. 'Good' would be my assessment.

They CLEARLY told me that when they got my defective battery back they would refund my money. Thats funny I dont know of a company that would make you have to pay for the shipping of their defective products. I have always been sent a pre paid return shipping label. Look at verizon for example they send a return shipping label.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Verizon also ships phones next day air for free. :)

Anyway, I agreed that they probably should have paid for shipping on the initial return.

The whole confusion on their part about the second battery is probably due to the fact that their system just doesn't work that way. The rep you talked to probably intended to do it that way but wasn't able to make it happen in their system. Or maybe that rep just didn't understand their processes for unusual circumstances like that, human error.

I wont argue that the situation stinks, but I don't think that Seidio as a company intentionally or directly did you wrong. I still think you could probably get them to pay for the shipping on that second battery if you kept calm, polite and persistent.

I've been in retail management for 15 years and I can say I view every unusual customer service issue with a large helping of skepticism. For every 1 valid complaint/return/issue there are 5 who are simply trying to work the system to their benefit. I will not offer the world to everyone who has an issue but I will do what I feel is right for the company and for the customer. I will, however, be much more likely to come to a mutual agreement with people who remain calm, polite and persistent. It's just human nature.