I have a HUGE problem with Seidio!!!

OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
Why would a HIGHER capacity battery make you believe they were selling defective ones? Did you think they were selling 2600's because the 1300's were defective? Your logic escapes me.

The battery was for the droid, it started out as a 2600 mah battery. They only sold it for a couple months before they discontinued it and came out with a 2800 mah battery. There were so many complaints about it they started a help section for it on their web site.

ldimick

Reaction score
Why would a HIGHER capacity battery make you believe they were selling defective ones? Did you think they were selling 2600's because the 1300's were defective? Your logic escapes me.

The battery was for the droid, it started out as a 2600 mah battery. They only sold it for a couple months before they discontinued it and came out with a 2800 mah battery. There were so many complaints about it they started a help section for it on their web site.

OK NOw I understand. I was under the impression that the complaints were a result of the firmware in the Droid mishandling the larger capacity. mea Culpa.

texasPI

Reaction score

I'm sorry but your logic is illogical. He said that they no longer offer the 2600. How is it unreasonable for him to surmise they were defective based on this?

ldimick

Reaction score

I'm sorry but your logic is illogical. He said that they no longer offer the 2600. How is it unreasonable for him to surmise they were defective based on this?

Because the 2800 is a higher capacity battery than the 2600. In other words, a more attractive option.

OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score

why are they not having the issue with the 2800 man batterys. Plus when I called tech support they said they had several returned and dont offer the battery any more. They had changed to a 2800 mah battery.

OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score

BTW I love the Spock influence to your reply!! Live long and prosper my friend!!:icon_ banana:

seidioseidio

Reaction score
smacinskyjr said:

Hello,

That's actually incorrect. We did not discontinue the 2600mAh because of this. We found a way to pack more power into the battery without increasing the size, so we did it. Unfortunately, the issue with Motorola firmware still stands.

ldimick said:
OK NOw I understand. I was under the impression that the complaints were a result of the firmware in the Droid mishandling the larger capacity. mea Culpa.

Correct, Motorola firmware limits the battery capacity, resulting in incorrect readings of the battery. Therefore, we created a help section to advise customers how to remedy that.

Again, smacinskyjr we sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and please understand that we do not intent to sell defective products. It is unfortunate what happened, but we believe the Customer Service representative did everything, plus more than she could to help you out. We appreciate your feedbacks and please let us know if you have any other comments or questions.

Regards,

OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
I decided to buy the 1750 mah battery for my Incredible, but I did not buy it from seidio. Their customer service is far to lack luster. I bought it from Amazon for 39.50 shipping included. which is $10 cheaper than seidio and they would have charged shipping. Plus I get it in 2 days not 2 weeks. At this point I trust the customer service through Amazon way more than what seidio calls customer service. I am anxious to see how much more life I get with this battery versus the stock one. As yall know I will be reporting back on how it does good or bad. As I have stated before I have no qualms with seidio's products the problem is with the lack of customer support they offer and the service you get if you do get a defective product. Amazon wins hands down in this matter.

dolpns13

Reaction score
in terms of battery life.. I came from the Dare (biggest POS LG ever made) to the Droid.. My Dare battery life would last about 3 days before I had to recharge it, with the Droid, I have to charge it at least once a day otherwise it will die.. Is this typical? No problem if so, I assume with all the apps and whatnot, battery life wouldnt be as good as it was with my Dare.

masterxchief

Reaction score
Wow I should have started a thread like this a long time ago for the issues I've had with them. Maybe less people would have bought their crap and been saved a hassle. Their stupid cases have damaged my Droid and the cheap rubber coating they use is coming off the case even without ever being dropped. Customer service keeps avoiding addressing the issue with the the case scratching the Droid.

I finally had someone in their customer service actually acknowledge that he was aware of other similar complains but he went on to blame it on the different tolerances of the Droid which is total BS. I asked if they were even going to do anything for the people that had their Droid's damaged from the case and he said he was going to talk to his manager to maybe give COUPONS to people with this issue. Ya thats exactly what we need Seidio... a $5 off $100 purchase coupon for more of your crappy accessories. Just put a note on your website for the innocase and let people know that their phone is most likely going to be damaged if you aren't going to fix the issue.

I don't get how Seidio was praised so much when they obviously don't have good customer service or even quality products. I recall someone in another thread pointing out that someone in China was selling Seidio's cases for like $2 so you know that the $30 you are paying aren't for any sort of quality.

OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
in terms of battery life.. I came from the Dare (biggest POS LG ever made) to the Droid.. My Dare battery life would last about 3 days before I had to recharge it, with the Droid, I have to charge it at least once a day otherwise it will die.. Is this typical? No problem if so, I assume with all the apps and whatnot, battery life wouldnt be as good as it was with my Dare.

I went from the dare to the storm to the storm 2 to the Moto Droid to the HTC Droid Incredible. What you are experiencing with the droid and stock battery is about normal. I recommend an extra battery or an extended battery. There are options out there for extended battery's, I actually recomend the 2800 mah battery that seidio makes. I just dont recommend buying from seidio. You can find their products on amazon for less than you would pay for them straight from seidio plus you dont have to deal with their customer service. BTW I agree the Dare was a HUGE POS!!!

Reaction score
I ordered a new front piece 4 weeks ago and haven't heard a single thing from them since! It's obvious the front piece is no good as I've been through two and they break the same way each time. I know it costs you $0.10 to have a front piece made so I can't see why it's so difficult to replace a broken one. If it's broken, fix it. I have a broken one, now why can't you fix it by sending a replacement? I have sent followup e-mails/ PM's with no reply. SeidioSeidio has clearly been online since then so I'm sure he has gotten my message(s). The entire reason I ordered one is because of the thread anticipating the release date and how they had such "great" customer service. As of now, I completely disagree. Broken product + no help = don't buy!

OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
I ordered a new front piece 4 weeks ago and haven't heard a single thing from them since! It's obvious the front piece is no good as I've been through two and they break the same way each time. I know it costs you $0.10 to have a front piece made so I can't see why it's so difficult to replace a broken one. If it's broken, fix it. I have a broken one, now why can't you fix it by sending a replacement? I have sent followup e-mails/ PM's with no reply. SeidioSeidio has clearly been online since then so I'm sure he has gotten my message(s). The entire reason I ordered one is because of the thread anticipating the release date and how they had such "great" customer service. As of now, I completely disagree. Broken product + no help = don't buy!

This is my point exactly!!