Seidio 3500 mAh extended battery is a joke!!

tw15egan

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm 2h 32m since unplugged, have made 3 five minute phone calls, send about 20 texts, light internet browsing, and both Mobile Network and Auto sync have been on the entire time... and I'm still at 93%!

First take, loving the battery. Now I will not have to worry about charging my phone at work. EVER. Yes, it adds a little bulk to the back, but honestly, I have bigger hands, so it actually helps me grip the phone better. Still has the nice polish as the OEM battery cover as well.

I mean I am only 1 day in but I would definitely recommend this! Yesterday at this time I was around 50-60%, and I was using my phone even less. I have been working it hard today to make sure the battery is legit.

SeeEss

Reaction score
I just received my 3500 battery today so it is a little too soon to give any hard facts. I will say that I was a bit concerned about the size of the phone with the 3500 in...I should not have worried. I actually think I like the "heft" of the phone with the bigger battery. The phone with the original battery was okay but a bit too slim to get a good grip on (and I am a woman with smallish hands).

The Droid Incredible is just too good to not have a good battery life. I am hoping it will last me a couple of days without charging even though I can charge anywhere I go. :)

tigerdango

Reaction score
I am thinking I want a bit of a better battery that will last longer. Would anyone recommend this or another one?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

coskier

Reaction score
I am expecting mine in the mail today or Friday. The thickness can't be worse than the monster HTC Touch Pro 2 I upgraded from. ;)

jamiehughes

Reaction score
i got my 3500 battery with back case last week, and yea i dont like the fact that i cant fit a case on to really protect the phone but so far i love how long this battery lasts, i used it last sunday all day with everything on including a golf gps app(which used to just destroy my motorolla droid battery in 4 hours) and after 14 hours i was still at 75% battery life.. i like that...nothing is perfect, something is always not gonna be how ya want it..but i like this battery so far...

SeeEss

Reaction score
I would have to respectfully disagree with Cobraxxx's opinion of the 3500 battery. Well...he has the right to his opinion but I disagree. I have had my battery a whopping 2 days now. I started fully charged this morning and have 9/10 of the charge left. I have had a few phone calls, several text messages and am probably a conservative user. However, with my stock battery and the same usage I had to plug in when I got home from work at night. I love the battery and the size is really okay with me too. I recommend the 3500.

OP
C

Cobraxxx

Reaction score
I would have to respectfully disagree with Cobraxxx's opinion of the 3500 battery. Well...he has the right to his opinion but I disagree. I have had my battery a whopping 2 days now. I started fully charged this morning and have 9/10 of the charge left. I have had a few phone calls, several text messages and am probably a conservative user. However, with my stock battery and the same usage I had to plug in when I got home from work at night. I love the battery and the size is really okay with me too. I recommend the 3500.

You must not use your phone much. I managed to get mine replaced and the second 3500 battery I was sent by Seidio makes no difference. Is not an opinion, is a fact. For the size and the capacity of the Seidio battery, it just doesn't perform. If anyone knows of another brand that sells a battery with the 3500 capacity that will really last 2 days, please post a link, I'm willing to spend another $70 to try it out. Thanks.

tigerdango

Reaction score
Or....You might be getting faulty ones. Such is the ways of electronics. That's like people I've met before who say, for example, Xbox 360 is crap because they've gone through three or four of them while I know other people (as well as myself) who spend years on one single unit. Just depends on the luck of the draw with all electronics. I usually get pretty darn lucky. :3

ugafan2081

Reaction score
The one from Verizon I got is LEGIT I love it! It's way better than standard but not as great as I want.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had mine since it came out. Never had any issues, lasts a really long time. Even with the gps always on. I myself recommend it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Might look into this, but i love how slim this device is. adding an extended battery might not be worth the increase in size.

tigerdango

Reaction score
That's what my girlfriend was worried about. She was talking about how her battery had died and I said there was a more powerful battery. Apparently the Verizon guy told her about the stock battery being 1300 and the 1500 you could buy. But he never told her there were some 3rd party companies like Seidio that make a 3500 battery. However, she did correctly assume it would be a lot bigger to be able to have more power and doesn't like the idea of the battery being big.

coskier

Reaction score
My original Amazon order never arrived, so now I hope to get the reshipped one by Friday.

Ran my battery to almost nothing last night. It started beeping at me saying it was less than 15%. I put it on the charger and it kept beeping at me. Not sure if this is normal or if I need to check the charger.

parishcm

Reaction score
long battery

:greendroid: Seidio 3500 mAh extended battery, I get about 4 days out of it with a little help from some apps and recharge it once it's dead only. I on a good charge get 5 days but not that often. I think it was a great deal but the cace that comes with it sucks and am trying to find a better way to deal with it.

funkpod

Reaction score
I have a 2150 that I love and on what I personally would call a heavy use normal day it goes all day. I charge it every day, no reason not to. I don't really need a battery that lasts longer without charging.

While using gps and different apps for exploring nyc, I got low around 7, so I just put in my 1500 and was good for the rest of the night.

I have a modded 2150 case, I like the look of that.

Right now I have been using my 1500 more and just charging it every spare moment. Slight pain, but not too bad.

The 2150 really isn't too thick. Still thinner or just as thin as my old lg flip phone.