Extended Battery questions...

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been discussed ad-nauseum in other posts, but I just can't find the precise information I'm looking for... (The search algorithm on this forum returns WAY too many results to be useful.)

Now on to the actual questions...

The Seidio 1500 mAh "slim" extended battery only offers an additional 200 mAh of capacity over the original Motorola battery. (By comparison, the big Seidio battery offers over double the original battery's capacity). Has anyone purchased the 1500 mAh battery? Did you actually notice a difference between it and the original battery?

Next question: The larger 2800 mAh Seidio battery offers LOTS more capacity, but it would appear that it will not allow you to fit the phone into the original Motorola Multimedia Dock. Can anyone verify this? If I were to purchase the large battery, would I also be required to purchase the Seidio Desktop Dock in order to have the same functionality I've got with my current regular-battery & Multimedia Dock?

Thanks for your time.

born2golf

Reaction score
I can confirm that the seidio 2800 battery does NOT fit in the genuine motorola multimedia docking station.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

born2golf

Reaction score
I also agree with your other observations. The DroidForums search tool is not very useful for the exact reason you stated. And I too cannot see any real value from the slim extended battery.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Youminker

Reaction score
Well, battery is really the essential part to been taken into account.

wingdo

Reaction score
The Official Motorola Droid 2 extended battery is a great alternative and fits perfectly. I get well over a day of real use out of it.

OP
Laurence5905

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Yes! The Droid 2 extended battery (with the included battery door) works perfectly in the Droid 1! I got it today, and it fits absolutely perfectly. It's a bit snug in the multimedia dock, but it does fit. I don't own a car-dock, so I can't testify as to its fit in there, but for the multimedia dock it works fine.

Almost an additional 50% capacity, for only a few $$ more than the 1,500 mAh Seidio battery, and I didn't have to buy a new dock. Absolutely the solution I was looking for. Thanks...

L.