Charging Cradle Discontinued

dendroid

Reaction score
Just received an email from Verizon internet orders concerning my back ordered charging cradles. Here is part of it:

"Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless. Your order cannot be processed due to the following:
· The MOTA855DOCK / Charging Cradle you requested is discontinued and no longer available. Please visit our website at your convenience to view other options.
· For discontinued accessories, you can try VZWGOTIT @ 866-804-6848.
Your credit card has not been charged for items not shipped."

The Best Buy near me had 2 in stock before Christmas but they were asking $39.99 each for them. Guess I can do without it.

jasonb

Reaction score
I'm glad I got mine when I did then. I actually like it.

a62gtypek

Reaction score
doesn't this mean that they should be coming out with "better" docks now?
I dont think they'll completely discontinue the dock magnet feature that's built into the droid...

MJ5150

Reaction score
Well schucks, they better not come out with something better. But if they do, I'll still be OG.

-Mike

Werd

Reaction score
I just pulled up the verizon website and showed best buy the 29.99 price, and they changed the price before I could blink.

Just got it to work and freaking love this thing. Hell I want to get one for home too!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Makes no sense unless the people who makes the Docks for them can't produce enough which has been a problem since day one.

Maybe they have a new company making them and they will be a new model #?

doesn't this mean that they should be coming out with "better" docks now?
I dont think they'll completely discontinue the dock magnet feature that's built into the droid...

tinplater

Reaction score
I ordered a generic dock for around $19. Sorry can't remember the brand but just did a google search for motorola droid battery dock charger or something like that and found it. Of note, it has a slot to charge an extra battery which is very important to me

OP
D

dendroid

Reaction score
After I saw andysly5's post I called up customer service and received the below response:

"Just to let you know that we do have this item in stock and I have reopened the order and sent out to be processed and completed for you today. You should receive the docking stations 12/29/2009.

I am sorry for all the confusion.

Bertie Davis
Verizon Wireless BSC Dept"

I did mention to the rep that I applied a discount code that gave me a 20% discount and maybe that's why they sent that email claiming they were discontinued.
So my apologies to all for even starting this post without checking further. I just accepted the email for what it said.

Anyway, Happy New Year to all!:)