Overcharged by Verizon for Extended Battery -- Twice!

unbesorgt

Reaction score
This is a warning to anyone who ordered the 2760 mAh Bionic extended battery from Verizon on the half-price sale (which is supposedly still ongoing) -- remember to check your statement! I ordered one on June 6, it rang up as half-price in my cart, and I have the invoice they emailed me to prove it. The total was $28.99 after tax, with free 2-day shipping. The battery arrived and I tested it for a few days, and I liked it so much that I ordered another one for my wife's Bionic on June 17. Same price, same deal, same invoice. I charged both orders to the same credit card.

Then today I got my credit card statement. It includes two charges for $53.99 from Verizon -- they charged me full price for both orders! It took over an hour on the phone with Verizon, and multiple holds, before they finally agreed to compensate me. But even then, they refused to credit it back to the card I used to make the purchases. So now I have to wait until the next Verizon bill comes due, which will supposedly include two $25 credits. They declined to give me a confirmation number or any identifying information, so if Verizon's billing system (which has failed twice so far) fails to produce the credits, I'm back to square one.

Bottom line, the extended battery is great, but Verizon's billing system sucks! I figure if they did this to me twice, on separate orders placed 11 days apart, there's a very good chance they are doing this to others as well. Be careful, and don't forget to check your statement!

/rant

deduct

Reaction score
Yeah, verizon sucks as far as billing is concerned. They are greedy sob's. Hate that i have to give them so much money every month. I bought my extended battery in store at half price with cash. If possible this is the way to go.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Ed270

Reaction score
Well after reading this I can see the guy on the other thread having problems getting VZ to reinstate his unlimited needs to keep at it and not purchase 2G of data when VZ said " just purchase some data and we will credit you for it " lol

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
VZW has tried stupid things like this with me several times. Once I get enough of stupid, I politely say good by. Hang up and call again. Not only will you not get the same person, chances are better that not that you won't even get a call center in the same city as before. Start with your issue like you have never spoken to anyone. Often the second person will fix it, no questions like the first should have. If not, there is always your CC company. I would despute the charge . Most CC agreements require and immediate credit, while VZW tries to prove what you owe... And you have a receipt

djzeus

Reaction score
Same happened to me. The rep. told me that it was due to me not purchasing it while logged in to my account which i thought was BS because i was logged in! Either way, i got the difference credited to my billing statement for this coming month :blink: