Verizon Droid Rebate Advice

bje1982

Reaction score
I ordered a phone from verizon on release day. The phone price was deducted on our bill, then for some reason credited back on the next bill. I guess I received the phone for free. Travesty struck my phone and I and verizon will not replace it. Should I even consider submitting the rebate from the phone to help pay for a replacement or would it raise a red flag and they could catch their mistake of giving me the first phone for free? Do they even check my bill when the rebate is submitted or should I be fine in doing this? There is quite a risk as the phone was $300 with a $100 rebate. I already submitted the receipt that ships with the phone as my proof so would they have to look at my monthly bill? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

So let me get this strait. You ordered a phone and had them bill it to your account then on the next bill it was credited back and your wondering if you send in the rebate if theyll 1) honor the rebate and 2) If they do will they catch on and try to charge you back for the rebate??

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Either way, I think you are entitled to your rebate. You purchased the phone and deserve your rebate.

The fact that you broke your phone, are mad because Verizon won't help you and want to "get back at them" for that is a whole other story.

He didn't pay for the phone. He is not entitled to anything.

I know that to most I'm sounding like a horses a$$, but I'm sick of "situational ethics". It's ok to steal if the company from whom you steal is "bad". And you get to define "bad". In this case the op defines "bad" as a company that is only interested in profits. Let me say this real loud: PROFITS ARE NOT BAD, THEY ARE GOOD. Verizon is not a bad company and the op does not have a right or entitlement to steal from them.

OP
K

Kinson72

Reaction score
Either way, I think you are entitled to your rebate. You purchased the phone and deserve your rebate.

The fact that you broke your phone, are mad because Verizon won't help you and want to "get back at them" for that is a whole other story.

I don't think I am mad at them. I was just explaining my "pettiness" to Bayou. I broke my phone and I accept it is my fault. I am just questioning whether to submit the rebate or not. It is a $100 rebate for risking getting charged for the phone again. What if I didn't catch the credit back to my account? I would have submitted the rebate anyway and wouldn't have this question. Again, just wondering the probability of them becoming aware of the credit to my account while honoring the rebate. However, your opinions are welcome.

I don't think I can be swayed away from sticking it to big business. All big business's take advantage where they can through loopholes or idiotic policy just to get ahead. So I will continue to take advantage of them as they take advantage of others.

bje1982

Reaction score

I don't think I am mad at them. I was just explaining my "pettiness" to Bayou. I broke my phone and I accept it is my fault. I am just questioning whether to submit the rebate or not. It is a $100 rebate for risking getting charged for the phone again. What if I didn't catch the credit back to my account? I would have submitted the rebate anyway and wouldn't have this question. Again, just wondering the probability of them becoming aware of the credit to my account while honoring the rebate. However, your opinions are welcome.

I don't think I can be swayed away from sticking it to big business. All big business's take advantage where they can through loopholes or idiotic policy just to get ahead. So I will continue to take advantage of them as they take advantage of others.

I think what people are saying is that its completely up to you whether or not you want to steal. If your looking for someone to encourage you to "stick it to Verizon" and steal I dont think youll find that here, (with the exception of that one person). I mean you got lucky and got your phone for free dont you think you already "stuck it to Verizon"??

OP
K

Kinson72

Reaction score

I think what people are saying is that its completely up to you whether or not you want to steal. If your looking for someone to encourage you to "stick it to Verizon" and steal I dont think youll find that here, (with the exception of that one person). I mean you got lucky and got your phone for free dont you think you already "stuck it to Verizon"??

I'm not looking for justification at all. Someone else brought up the moral issue. I just want to know if anyone has any knowledge about their rebate system.

bje1982

Reaction score

I'm not looking for justification at all. Someone else brought up the moral issue. I just want to know if anyone has any knowledge about their rebate system.

Yes you probably would get the rebate. That doesnt mean your not stealing. And whether or not they would catch up to you about it is niether here nor there. Karma my friend karma.

tazzpatriot

Reaction score
verizon will catch that mistake sooner or later so do what u will it ur choice.
i made a mistake once , but not done on purpose.i just forogt to send it back .im a truck driver and was on the road .well , the warehouse did inventory , didnt find the phone and traced it back to me and charged me for it .i got home , found the phone , and called them and sent it back lol

just my 2 cents ,,

OP
K

Kinson72

Reaction score
i made a mistake once , but not done on purpose.i just forogt to send it back .im a truck driver and was on the road .well , the warehouse did inventory , didnt find the phone and traced it back to me and charged me for it .i got home , found the phone , and called them and sent it back lol

just my 2 cents ,,

Thanks for the replies guys. So if they will probably catch the mistake eventually, should I submit the rebate before it is too late?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is the rebate still good? They do have a expiration date on them.
Might as well get the rebate if you can that way you'll have part of the cost of the phone when they finally do charge you for it.

tazzpatriot

Reaction score

just my 2 cents ,,

Thanks for the replies guys. So if they will probably catch the mistake eventually, should I submit the rebate before it is too late?

lol sure make their job easier just give them the serial number ,by the time u get the rebate anywayz , they woulda already charged u for the phone lol

z06mike

Reaction score

He didn't pay for the phone. He is not entitled to anything.

I know that to most I'm sounding like a horses a$$, but I'm sick of "situational ethics". It's ok to steal if the company from whom you steal is "bad". And you get to define "bad". In this case the op defines "bad" as a company that is only interested in profits. Let me say this real loud: PROFITS ARE NOT BAD, THEY ARE GOOD. Verizon is not a bad company and the op does not have a right or entitlement to steal from them.

I don't know if you misunderstood my post. I WAS NOT agreeing with him on "stealing" from Verizon or that they are a bad company for wanting large profits.

He did buy the phone as he has it in his posession. If he does not submit the rebate and they charge him for the phone, then he is out of those 100 bucks.

I agree with you and just about everyone else here on this thread that what he is attempting is STEALING, no matter you sugar coat it.

z06mike

Reaction score

just my 2 cents ,,

I think you should submit the rebate. I also think you should call them and make sure they charge you for the phone.

Are you sure it just didn't miss your billing cycle?? It might just show up on the next month's bill