I'm soooo glad I got the Razr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Androidatic

Reaction score
I went to Verizon this morning and got to play with the GN for about 30 min. What a POS!

First off the build quality is terrible. This is the first time I've ever played with a phone at the store where the security tag/cable pulls the battery cover off the phone? It's a flimsy piece of plastic that came off every time I put it back on. The rest of the phone just feels cheap, especially after living with the Razr for the last several weeks.

I was talking with the rep and they had no one in line and I was the first one to play with it so there was noone that messed it up before I got there. The camera would even open. I got an error message even after a restart.

The lag is horrific when going from portrait to landscape and even opening some apps, especially the camera. I never did it to work.

ICS is awesome and I can wait the 4+ months to have it on a good phone (my Razr).

Short story turned long, I live the Razr but I felt I needed to give the GN a look. I still have until Jan 15th to return or exchange the Razr and it looks like the only phone I can see making me pull that trigger is the Razr Maxx (if it's even coming here).

For anyone looking to exchange their Razr for the GN, spend a lot of time with it if you do. IMO, it just isn't worth it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Thanks for the info! I plan on checking out the Nexus later today or tomorrow. The build quality is honestly my biggest concern. I remember when the Fascinate came out, and I could not stand that it felt like a toy (compared to my Droid). It's nice when a phone is lightweight, but not at the expense of the overall quality. Because I purchased my Razr at Costco, I have until February to make the switch, so I will be carefully watching the early reviews and impressions before I consider making any switch.

jays91ls

Reaction score
cool , i wasn't sure if it was gonna be available in stores , i knew best buy would but thats the second time I've seen google let their phone be sold at a retail store other than best buy (sprint) I'm gonna make a stop at the store and check it out today :biggrin:

OP
A

Androidatic

Reaction score
I'm interested to know how you guys feel about the Nexus after some hands on time. Let me know if you think I'm off base on my assessment.

jrpbulk

Reaction score
@androidatic

I wouldn't use those exact words. But I did find the screen to be less than impressive almost dull and it just does not feel real sturdy. However, it did appear faster when switching between screens and when I used the map. I am 90% sure I am keeping the Razr assuming the battery improves

I went to Verizon this morning and got to play with the GN for about 30 min. What a POS!

First off the build quality is terrible. This is the first time I've ever played with a phone at the store where the security tag/cable pulls the battery cover off the phone? It's a flimsy piece of plastic that came off every time I put it back on. The rest of the phone just feels cheap, especially after living with the Razr for the last several weeks.

I was talking with the rep and they had no one in line and I was the first one to play with it so there was noone that messed it up before I got there. The camera would even open. I got an error message even after a restart.

The lag is horrific when going from portrait to landscape and even opening some apps, especially the camera. I never did it to work.

ICS is awesome and I can wait the 4+ months to have it on a good phone (my Razr).

Short story turned long, I live the Razr but I felt I needed to give the GN a look. I still have until Jan 15th to return or exchange the Razr and it looks like the only phone I can see making me pull that trigger is the Razr Maxx (if it's even coming here).

For anyone looking to exchange their Razr for the GN, spend a lot of time with it if you do. IMO, it just isn't worth it.

Kimo91

Reaction score
I'm soooooo glad I got my Razr and didn't think ever on exchanging for the GNex. I too had a chance to play with it at the Verizon store this morning only cause I went to pay my bill. Wow what a POS it is indeed. Feels cheaply made, ICS appeared buggy at best but does show promise, software wise of course, and the only thing that made that phone better than the Razr is the camera. It was also pretty bad that the Verizon rep was pushing the Razr more than the GNex to 3 customers that was in for upgrades. He wasn't impressed with the latest and greatest phone at all.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
So you're saying the camera on the GN is actually better than the RAZR??? If so, you're the first to say that, and probably the only one who feels that.

Kimo91

Reaction score
So you're saying the camera on the GN is actually better than the RAZR??? If so, you're the first to say that, and probably the only one who feels that.

Better as it takes pics a little faster than our Razrs but that's the only thing it did better. Not trying to imply that the camera is superior to the Razr just meant it took pics a little faster that's all. But the quality of pics are better with the Razr than the GNex

OP
A

Androidatic

Reaction score
Better as it takes pics a little faster than our Razrs but that's the only thing it did better. Not trying to imply that the camera is superior to the Razr just meant it took pics a little faster that's all. But the quality of pics are better with the Razr than the GNex

It is faster to both boot up and focus, but not enough to make it a factor either way.

rasaun87

Reaction score
i love my nexus already but yea the build quality sucks. that is my ONLY gripe with it though.

dkaczmar

Reaction score
Anyone suffering data connection loss? I'm coming from a horrible bionic experience and deciding between the Razr or Nexus. I really like the Razr but am scared by Motorola right now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Tinninches

Reaction score
Come on gang. I need some input. My upgrade is coming up Tuesday and I'm at a impasse. Razr or Nexus? I've messed with the razr a month or so ago and the phone was simply impressive and most of all, felt solid and did not feel bulky. It will fit in my skinny jeans pocket, nicely.

Is ICS that much better than GB? Is ICS coming to the Razr soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.