I'm soooo glad I got the Razr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
IMO, you are a troll. I've been a member of mobile forums going on 7 years, and not once have I ever ventured into a forum to create dissent. We are RAZR owners. We are going to brag about and hype our device. Anyone who comes in here saying what they have is simply trolling. You have a Nexus. Great!! But why not stay in the Nexus associated forums. You don't see me over there saying my RAZR is better. If I did, I would get the same treatment. I may go over there to read or learn. But never to bash.
I hardly see how you could see this thread as bait. If it was in the Nexus forum then I would agree. And yes, while these are public forums, everyone has the right to visit any thread, it's not always appropriate to go in a thread where you don't own a particular device but start saying its inferior to what you have.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Well I'm going to apologize for what I posted as I didn't think I would hurt feelings but maybe the moderator needs to fire a shot at everyone instead towards a few people. I've read countless posts from GNex fanboys coming into the Razr forums and flat out bashing our phones and praising the GNex phones as if it was the next 2nd coming of christ before the phone was released. Just can't understand how Razr bashers gets a free pass but we get the warning shot for hurting feelings. I'm glad I'm a military vet that protected everyone's freedom of speech but mine.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

Dweib

Reaction score
Did my 20 in the air force. Kids need to be respectful. I'm Sgt. at arms of my m/c but don't want to have to do it while on my lunch break at work.

From what I see the guy came on here with a rather unbiased comment to a question and then one of out guys jumped all over him. If course he had to defend himself so the troll battle begins. Lets chill out, apologise and be friends now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Zandar

Reaction score
Well I'm going to apologize for what I posted as I didn't think I would hurt feelings but maybe the moderator needs to fire a shot at everyone instead towards a few people. I've read countless posts from GNex fanboys coming into the Razr forums and flat out bashing our phones and praising the GNex phones as if it was the next 2nd coming of christ before the phone was released. Just can't understand how Razr bashers gets a free pass but we get the warning shot for hurting feelings. I'm glad I'm a military vet that protected everyone's freedom of speech but mine.

Props to you for being a vet; that's a very noble thing. That said, you have freedom of speech in America, but Droid Forums owns these boards and has the freedom to repress any speech on here. You also protected their freedom to do with their forums as they wish.

But I do agree with the rest of your post. There's no point in coming to a RAZR forum to talk trash other than to be a troll; ditto a RAZR user going to the GNex forum and talking trash. I'm sure we can all agree that the military doesn't fight to protect the rights of trolls, because trolls are stupid. Same thing goes for vegans; no one fights for their rights.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I think the only thing ppl really like about the hardware on the G Nex so far is the screen....

Frankly I was unimpressed with the galaxy nexus screen. The videos on on the web got my curiosity up. When I stood there and held my RAZR next to it and did comparisons, live wallpapers, static wallpapers, menu selections, the market and the web....I'll put it this way, if these were two television sets, and I was looking at them both to make a decision which widescreen television to buy, I be looking at contrast, I'd be looking at the brightness, and I'd be looking at overall picture quality.
the RAZR screen was bright where it needed to be bright and dark and black where it needed to be black, the colors popped, and contrast was wonderful. The galaxy nexus screen was washed out, colors weren't, bright, the blacks were more a gray, and overall the picture quality was poor. I can honestly say I'm genuinely surprised, considering that samsung is 1 of the largest display manufactures in the world, I'm generally their television screens are regarded to be among the best if not the best.

I took photos of both phones side by side in the market just for decent comparison, and I had the brightness level set to 100 percent on both phones. I'll upload these pictures in my next post for everybody's discrimination. the resolution difference was undetectable with the naked eye unless you held the phone extremely close, or if I put my reading glasses on and viewed the screens through the magnification of the reading glass lenses. in fact, I believe that the pentile display on the RAZR is actually better due to the fact that it has the screen effect as people call it, since by being black lines between the pixels it's actually enhances the contrast.

Much of what makes a galaxy screen easier to read is simply enhancement of the font sizes and some changes to color and background color schemes. Again, this is more an ice cream sandwich benefit rather than a galaxy nexus benefit.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Props to you for being a vet; that's a very noble thing. That said, you have freedom of speech in America, but Droid Forums owns these boards and has the freedom to repress any speech on here. You also protected their freedom to do with their forums as they wish.

But I do agree with the rest of your post. There's no point in coming to a RAZR forum to talk trash other than to be a troll; ditto a RAZR user going to the GNex forum and talking trash. I'm sure we can all agree that the military doesn't fight to protect the rights of trolls, because trolls are stupid. Same thing goes for vegans; no one fights for their rights.

Totally agree with you and I'm tired of seeing trolls going to any forum that bashes a particular phone. I only go to other threads and read what people posts about their phones and problems they have but I have yet to post bashing threads in their threads. I have a diverse range of phones in my house, me and my daughter on Motorola's, my wife owing an HTC and my son has a Samsung, of course all androids. If any of them have issues with their phones, I go to their threads to see if anyone has a similar problem and try to fix their phones.

That being said, since owning the Razr and frequently reading all threads in the Razr forums, I've seen HTC owners bashing, GNex owners bashing even other Motorola owners of different phones bashing the Razr and its owners.

I too am an Air Force vet, 10 years btw.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
IMO, you are a troll. I've been a member of mobile forums going on 7 years, and not once have I ever ventured into a forum to create dissent. We are RAZR owners. We are going to brag about and hype our device. Anyone who comes in here saying what they have is simply trolling. You have a Nexus. Great!! But why not stay in the Nexus associated forums. You don't see me over there saying my RAZR is better. If I did, I would get the same treatment. I may go over there to read or learn. But never to bash.
I hardly see how you could see this thread as bait. If it was in the Nexus forum then I would agree. And yes, while these are public forums, everyone has the right to visit any thread, it's not always appropriate to go in a thread where you don't own a particular device but start saying its inferior to what you have.

Definitely not a troll. I've been here a while....supporting member and development team. I simply browse the entire forum using the df app on my phones...and reply to subjects I feel like. I do not believe in segregation of the forum based on branding other than for ease of navigation. You are welcome to come visit the gnex forum and be mature and respectful. I'm sure you will get a warm welcome. There are a lot of folks with different opinions that respectfully exchange ideas without saying pos... fan boys...and suggesting others are immature.

A lot of developers have gone to the nexus because its pure Google... its new...its unlocked easily... and its the foundation for the new software to come to ALL the other phones that can operate ics.

My personal opinion is unskinned Android is best. Aosp is my preference. I can't stand blur and I can't stand sense. Not to fond of miui. That's my preference. Do they suck...no. not for everyone apparently. My friend loves sense. He's not a fan boy...nor immature... and it doesn't mean his phone is a pos. Its his preference and that's fine.

sent from unlocked gnex

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All phones have issues. Period

I'm done posting now. Apparently you guys don't comprehend what I've said. Pretty humorous actually lol

sent from unlocked gnex

OP
A

Androidatic

Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea what you guys are smoking. I came from the Bionic and i would put build quality of the Nexus up with that. There is no plasticky feel to it at all. ICS eats touchwiz for lunch as far as I'm concerned...no lag, just butter smooth. Screen is sharp. I don't know if some of you have phone envy or buyers remorse or you just made a decision based on a demo unit (bad move). The only real negative I see at this point is the volume for alerts is not the greatest...hopefully there will be an update for that coming soon. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

It can't be buyers remorse because I walked into Verizon with my Razr and the recipient to do the exchange. I walked out with the Razr. I went to 3 more Verizon stores in my area and did the same side-by-side comparisons and and the results were the same each time.
It's a matter of personal preference and past experience with Samsung.

I hope all of the GN owners enjoy their phones and allow those who chose other phones to enjoy theirs without trying to make them seem inferior.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I appreciate the apology, but calling me out as saying my statement was only for a few, is bogus.

I created a blanket statement in this thread as I thought it was going downhill (which it still is). This referenced everyone in this thread.

So I will repeat, if I have to come back in here again it will be closed.

Sent from my rooted, ROM'd, and Safestrapped XT862

Dweib

Reaction score
Yaki ~ I understand and want to thank you for the polite commentary you did provide.

This is simply a difference of opinion and perhaps education. This is nothing compared to the troll initiated flame wars that go on in the motorcycle forums. Metric vs. HD all the time and with extreme heat! I try to stay out of those entirely.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Whatever it takes for u to feel good about your phone. I'd rather have my thunderbolt back than a razr.

As for build quality... please spare me. Both of the phones are light and feel fragile. If anything the razr felt cheaper to me because its so frigging thin.

I wouldn't base my opinion off if your stores display.

sent from unlocked gnex

Glad you came in here with an unbiased opinion. Where you trolling?? Absolutely..It's pretty much guaranteed that if I go into a Nexus thread and tell them how sad the camera is in their device, that they will either flame me.....or invite me out for coffee. Which do you think they would do??

Zandar

Reaction score
Frankly I was unimpressed with the galaxy nexus screen. The videos on on the web got my curiosity up. When I stood there and held my RAZR next to it and did comparisons, live wallpapers, static wallpapers, menu selections, the market and the web....I'll put it this way, if these were two television sets, and I was looking at them both to make a decision which widescreen television to buy, I be looking at contrast, I'd be looking at the brightness, and I'd be looking at overall picture quality.
the RAZR screen was bright where it needed to be bright and dark and black where it needed to be black, the colors popped, and contrast was wonderful. The galaxy nexus screen was washed out, colors weren't, bright, the blacks were more a gray, and overall the picture quality was poor. I can honestly say I'm genuinely surprised, considering that samsung is 1 of the largest display manufactures in the world, I'm generally their television screens are regarded to be among the best if not the best.

I took photos of both phones side by side in the market just for decent comparison, and I had the brightness level set to 100 percent on both phones. I'll upload these pictures in my next post for everybody's discrimination. the resolution difference was undetectable with the naked eye unless you held the phone extremely close, or if I put my reading glasses on and viewed the screens through the magnification of the reading glass lenses. in fact, I believe that the pentile display on the RAZR is actually better due to the fact that it has the screen effect as people call it, since by being black lines between the pixels it's actually enhances the contrast.

Much of what makes a galaxy screen easier to read is simply enhancement of the font sizes and some changes to color and background color schemes. Again, this is more an ice cream sandwich benefit rather than a galaxy nexus benefit.

I would love to see those pics. I have yet to check out a GNex in the flesh, partially due to not wanting buyer's remorse (I got my RAZR on Amazon's $0.01 deal, so there's no way I'll trade); the screen is the one area I thought the GNex might shine over the RAZR, so I would really love to see some contrary evidence. You're not the first person I've heard say they prefer the RAZR screen to the GNex.

OP
A

Androidatic

Reaction score
Whatever it takes for u to feel good about your phone. I'd rather have my thunderbolt back than a razr.

As for build quality... please spare me. Both of the phones are light and feel fragile. If anything the razr felt cheaper to me because its so frigging thin.

I wouldn't base my opinion off if your stores display.

sent from unlocked gnex

We'll just have to disagree on the build quality thing, but I have a question for you.

Why did you think we have to lie to feel good about our phones. I went into Verizon with the intent to exchange the Razr for the GN and didn't. Why? I like the Razr better.

I don't need to make **** up to make myself feel better. It's my personal preference. Is that bad?

You come in here basically trashing Razr owners. Why? Does it help you justify you GN purchase?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.