Just ordered Razr coming from 4s please read

Irishleo

Reaction score
Hey all. I just ordered my Razr to replace my 4s and I had a 4 before that. Can some of you seasoned people here tell me must have apps for the Razr? Be it launchers, music ect. Also, I have a ton of music on ITunes. Is it a simple click and drag to the Razr. I have some very important photos and videos that I want transferred to my new Razr. Please let me know if you made the move from the 4s to the Razr and some of the things you did first and are must haves. My biggest worry is the camera and picture quality won't compare to my 4s. Please chime in with any comparison you may want to share. Thank you in advance

PS. I have till January 18 to trade it out. So if the GN pulls off something big, I can alway trade for that.

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
I recommend ADW EX for a launcher replacement. As far as your music, I would go to music.google.com and get started with uploading your entire music library to the google cloud. Then using the google music app, all your songs will already be available on your new RAZR.

OP
I

Irishleo

Reaction score
So I just go to that above address, plug USB from Razr into my laptop and open iTunes? It does the rest?

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Your RAZR camera will not be as good as the 4S, but it is in line with the 4.

Dan_08

Reaction score
You will load your Itunes from your computer to google cloud. Once on the cloud you can pull your music from any Android device using google music. Can't remember if the Razr came preloaded with google music, if not its in the market.

Good luck! And enjoy 4g!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

honors21

Reaction score
Comes with a music icon Burr thru moto cast it will bring over music, pictures, and Videos that you have loaded on I cloud.

SallyC

Reaction score
Similar transition here. Also recommend Google Music and setting up Motocast. I stream music from either, browse pics and files from Gallery and Files.
My only other question was how to get my podcasts. BeyondPod solved that. I only use iTunes now for an older idevice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
I

Irishleo

Reaction score
Thank you guys. I got tired of waiting for the GN. After reading COUNTLESS reviews on many sites, it appears the Razr maybe the better buy. I know that camera is not an issue for many, but it's big to me. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks!!

SallyC

Reaction score
I have a Sony hx100v which I am very happy with. But I recently took a trip and bought only my DROID RAZR. I took over 100 pictures and videos - low light, sports, panoramic - and never missed my Sony. I couldn't believe what great pictures I got with something I was carrying anyways.
No complaints here!

Androidatic

Reaction score
Try downloading Double Twist onto your PC and Razr. Both are free. The PC version is as close to iTunes as you will find.

You can then sync the Razr's Double Twist to your PC if you like. For $5 you can download Double Twist Air Sync and sync your Razr from PC over the air.

jcardona1

Reaction score
If the camera is very important to you, did you look at the Rezound? It has an amazing camera, even better than the 4S IMO. Razr's camera was 'meh' to me. Motorola is known for making the worst cameras on the planet. Don't be surprised if it lets you down.

honors21

Reaction score
Thank you guys. I got tired of waiting for the GN. After reading COUNTLESS reviews on many sites, it appears the Razr maybe the better buy. I know that camera is not an issue for many, but it's big to me. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks!!

Way better buy.

Kimo91

Reaction score
I love my Razr and glad I got this over the GNex personally. ADW Launcher EX is a good app and I wouldn't root until sine kind of SBF will be available. At least that's what I'm waiting on before I root my Razr

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

Reaction score
There are so many launcher options, play around and see what you like. Go and mdw are the most used but some prefer launcher pro, Regina, mx, etc....

For music, google is nice but I personally use Amazon mp3 cloud player for my music on the cloud and motocast fitter music and pictures on my PC. The reason I prefer Amazon over google music is the price. Buying music from Amazon is cheaper than google or iTunes.

Also, I understand those that are hesitant with rooting until an sbf, or whatever it is called on these phones, is available. But I finally decided to root, freeze apps and flash a theme and I love this phone even more now.

kparks

Reaction score
If the camera is very important to you, did you look at the Rezound? It has an amazing camera, even better than the 4S IMO. Razr's camera was 'meh' to me. Motorola is known for making the worst cameras on the planet. Don't be surprised if it lets you down.

This is correct moto is not the phone u want to have for pics HTC or Apple is... MOTO is pretty good at other things but the camera ain't 1 lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums